Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you still listen to The Drive on KFH...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CollegeHillShocker View Post
    Calling it local radio is laughable when half the content is Cardinals and Indians talk, or baseball in general. I listen for the extreme hubris both hosts exhibit on a daily basis. Equally entrenched in their own self aggrandizing behaviors while accusing the other side of just the same behavior. The only thing they can agree on is that the Eagles (a marginal band at best, who's music is most liked by people who don't like music) are the greatest band ever. That's like believing McDonald's is the best burger in the world cause they sell the most. I listen because it's a train wreck almost everyday, and for that I am thankful they put on their act.

Side note: Do you think either of them owns a shirt with a collar and or buttons? Bob always looks like he rolled right out of bed. Would it kill you to ditch the hoodie when you go talk to school kids, or get your picture taken for the Eagle? Are there no League 42 polo shirts sitting around?

End rant.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

He sure didn't hold back... I was going to respond and got too busy. This place is 'high level' entertainment.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Calling it local radio is laughable when half the content is Cardinals and Indians talk, or baseball in general. I listen for the extreme hubris both hosts exhibit on a daily basis. Equally entrenched in their own self aggrandizing behaviors while accusing the other side of just the same behavior. The only thing they can agree on is that the Eagles (a marginal band at best, who's music is most liked by people who don't like music) are the greatest band ever. That's like believing McDonald's is the best burger in the world cause they sell the most. I listen because it's a train wreck almost everyday, and for that I am thankful they put on their act.

Side note: Do you think either of them owns a shirt with a collar and or buttons? Bob always looks like he rolled right out of bed. Would it kill you to ditch the hoodie when you go talk to school kids, or get your picture taken for the Eagle? Are there no League 42 polo shirts sitting around?

End rant.
        WOW!! You listen for the very reasons I don't.

You seem to hate reasons that would interest me in listening (Cardinals, baseball (WSU does play the sport)), but I still don't listen because of, well, why you do.

You make this weird comparison of music to hamburgers. There are SO many reasons why someone would eat a McDonald's hamburger other than because it is the best, which it isn't by a long shot. Yet, you feel people spend money on music they don't like and listen to that music when there is no reason to actually listen to it. I guess I always assumed that if one doesn't like music, they don't listen to it, they don't buy it. Yet, The Eagles have the #1 and #3 best selling albums of all time in the United States and are one of the best selling bands in the world.

I always thought that certain type of work and certain type of clothing (at least used to) kind of went hand and hand. My work "required" certain types of clothing. When I retired, I pretty much retired that clothing as well. However, you'll be glad to know I do wear some shirts that have 3 buttons at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

WOW!! You listen for the very reasons I don't.

You seem to hate reasons that would interest me in listening (Cardinals, baseball (WSU does play the sport)), but I still don't listen because of, well, why you do.

You make this weird comparison of music to hamburgers. There are SO many reasons why someone would eat a McDonald's hamburger other than because it is the best, which it isn't by a long shot. Yet, you feel people spend money on music they don't like and listen to that music when there is no reason to actually listen to it. I guess I always assumed that if one doesn't like music, they don't listen to it, they don't buy it. Yet, The Eagles have the #1 and #3 best selling albums of all time in the United States and are one of the best selling bands in the world.

I always thought that certain type of work and certain type of clothing (at least used to) kind of went hand and hand. My work "required" certain types of clothing. When I retired, I pretty much retired that clothing as well. However, you'll be glad to know I do wear some shirts that have 3 buttons at the top.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The only thing they can agree on is that the Eagles (a marginal band at best, who's music is most liked by people who don't like music) are the greatest band ever. That's like believing McDonald's is the best burger in the world cause they sell the most.
            You should be banned forever for holding this opinion. This is blasphemy and completely unacceptable.

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            I always knew I liked you, ShockTalk .

*I also highly recommend the "History of the Eagles" documentary. Perhaps the best music documentary of all-time. And after you watch it, read this: https://grantland.com/features/the-eagles-greatest-hit/
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I don't expect anything to be everything I like. I mostly enjoy the arguing, probably because I loved Imus and it reminds me of that, on a much simpler scale.

I'm not a big music fan but whatever, I get most people are. Did anyone hear the interview with Rick Springfield a couple weeks ago? THE most uncomfortable thing I think I've ever heard. I don't often turn off the radio, but that was too painful to listen to.....so of course I used the rewind to hear it again. Like a train wreck, only worse.

Don't understand the wrestling fixation. I mean, I watched some WWF as a kid and maybe a touch as a young adult for the humor, but beyond that...they both know it's fake, right?

I love when they have David Kyles on talking about his life now. Joanna Chadwick. Coach Davis at Campus. Other local coaches. It's all good, and I think what Bob has done with League 42 is beyond brilliant and just for that alone deserves support. Amazing effort and execution there.

Comment

Please tell more about the interview with Rick Springfield. I don't want to listen to the archived audio.

Comment

Yeah what happened in that interview?
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by WSU and Reds Fan View Post
                    I will listen to it sometimes, because the other local sports talk show at that time can be just as bad. The difference is I'm not sure the guy on KSGO really watches sports. He claims to be a Yankee fan and I know more about the Yankees than him (I root for the Cincinnati Reds). My 17 year old Daughter knows more about the Shockers than him, so I relent and listen to Bob tell his son that he is a Moron sometimes
                    Last edited by washedup; January 31, 2020, 06:22 PM.

Comment

I absolutely enjoy Bob & Jeff, particularly the Father/Son banter! Setting aside all Bob does for League 42, he is a fixture in this community and Jeff is the millennial link. It is 2 hours I look forward to each day, always to listen and never a caller. Additionally my brother in law listens daily as well and we discuss it several times a week...My favorite radio in the area!

Comment

Originally posted by washedup View Post
                        lol why the edit?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by MrsHenryLevitt View Post
                          I absolutely enjoy Bob & Jeff, particularly the Father/Son banter! Setting aside all Bob does for League 42, he is a fixture in this community and Jeff is the millennial link. It is 2 hours I look forward to each day, always to listen and never a caller. Additionally my brother in law listens daily as well and we discuss it several times a week...My favorite radio in the area!
                          Hi Bob... or is it Jeff?

Just kidding... maybe.

Comment

According to their Twitter feed, their friend and long time caller to the drive (and huge Chief fan) Pastor Mike passed away today. Does anyone know what happened to him?

Comment

Working...
                            X