Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you still listen to The Drive on KFH...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you still listen to The Drive on KFH...

...and if so, why?

Honest question. The current format with Bob and his son Jeff fake arguing about random, insignificant BS is not listenable, to me at least. I struggle to find a more useless and pointless show of any sort on TV or radio. It's like two hours of nails on a chalkboard.

You're free to your own take, but if you do still find it entertaining I'd just like to know why. I'm trying to figure out why it is aired, because it seems like it needs to be put out of its misery from my perspective.
    Nah... done with it.
    36.00%
    Sometimes.
    32.00%
    Sure, why not?
    32.00%

It is not my type of humor either. Some of the interviews are ok. But yeah, the jokes are always the same

Comment

Always listened to Bruce and Bob. Never listen to this. Not entertaining

Comment

I enjoy it when Duda is on. I like the Kendall Gammon segment each week. Also they do some decent interviews with Shockers, past and present. They arguing stuff gets old fast though.
        Go Shocks!

Comment

It truly depends on what mood I am in whether I can take the banter back and forth or not. Love the fact they still like local sports and agree the guests are good, but the arguing becomes tiresome on many an occasion.

I do like listening to The Gameplan and Sports Daily, as they both have their own styles.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Always listened to Bruce and Bob. Never listen to this. Not entertaining
            But Dennis.......

Comment

What time is it on?
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

I will listen to it sometimes, because the other local sports talk show at that time can be just as bad. The difference is I'm not sure the guy on KSGO really watches sports. He claims to be a Yankee fan and I know more about the Yankees than him (I root for the Cincinnati Reds). My 17 year old Daughter knows more about the Shockers than him, so I relent and listen to Bob tell his son that he is a Moron sometimes

Comment

I'm the "Sure, why not?" guy and only an 'occasional' listener. Yes, there are times when Bob and Jeff could tone down the father-son banter (yesterday, would be a good example). They seem to have good local, regional and national connections and I enjoy most of their guests... and a good portion of them have Shocker connections. I'm probably in the minority, but I also enjoy some of the non-sports segments and share similar tastes in movies and music.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Don't listen to The Drive as I'm in KC, but I listen to Sports Daily (via the Radio app or Apple podcasts) nearly every day. Shane and Bruce are great, for a couple of reasons:

1. I don't have to listen to the hot takes that plague big city sports radio stations.
                    2. The focus isn't always on pro sports.

Both 610 and 810 up here are almost exclusively covering pro sports outside of Feb-March, and when they cover college sports, it's mostly KU/KSU/MU talk. I am a Chiefs/Royals fan, but I care infinitely more about the Shockers than either pro team.

Also, Shane and Bruce have a pretty good pulse of what is going on around WSU, which I appreciate. It does help when the phrase "pulse check" is used on a weekly basis, though.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      What time is it on?
                      4-6 weekdays

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                        I enjoy it when Duda is on. I like the Kendall Gammon segment each week. Also they do some decent interviews with Shockers, past and present. They arguing stuff gets old fast though.
                        When Duda is on, especially with Jeff "hosting", it's automatically turned off. Jeff goes on this ego trip where he's the "man" and it is completely amateur hour.

I listen to it more often than not because there isn't much else going on, on the radio during that time. I love that it's a local show but I too agree that it gets tiresome if I listen to it too consecutively. I actually love when Bob pounds Jeff because Jeff seems like he plays the contrarian just for the sake of being different. He can never admit a fault and just comes off as a goob. Bob has a slight ego problem but his humor is pretty funny when he rips Jeff for all of his dumb takes. They occasionally throw in WSU stuff and have some player interviews. They do talk about local topics a lot (the baseball stadium, food, etc.) which is great but it gets stale too often.

They both think they're great radio personalities but in reality, when compared to similar or large market type setups, they'd be laughed at right off the air.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I listen to it only if the static from 810 WHB and Soren Petro gets too bad.

Comment

A bore. Not enough national sports coverage.

Comment

Calling it local radio is laughable when half the content is Cardinals and Indians talk, or baseball in general. I listen for the extreme hubris both hosts exhibit on a daily basis. Equally entrenched in their own self aggrandizing behaviors while accusing the other side of just the same behavior. The only thing they can agree on is that the Eagles (a marginal band at best, who's music is most liked by people who don't like music) are the greatest band ever. That's like believing McDonald's is the best burger in the world cause they sell the most. I listen because it's a train wreck almost everyday, and for that I am thankful they put on their act.

Side note: Do you think either of them owns a shirt with a collar and or buttons? Bob always looks like he rolled right out of bed. Would it kill you to ditch the hoodie when you go talk to school kids, or get your picture taken for the Eagle? Are there no League 42 polo shirts sitting around?

End rant.

Comment

Working...
                              X