Student Loan Debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

I dont disagree with anything you said minus the bold part. That seems to be a pretty popular talking point largely from people who dont know **** about ****. Care to expand any more. I took out loans to get my bachelors in Business Administration - Human Resources with a minor in management. Does that meet your worthiness scale?
    Did I say you weren't educated? Did I say everyone that's been awarded a degree since I left college is holding a worthless piece of paper? No, I didn't.

I said TOO MANY, meaning more than there should be. Too many kids are leaving college without college level skill sets. I can't tell you how many kids I've interviewed over the years that have a college degree and can't communicate, do simple math, problem solve or construct one simple paragraph with any kind of thought. I see it all the time. Of course I know that there are tons of people with degrees that did earn them and could do college work. But there are folks that were passed through. And it's far from isolated.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn40
        Education in America is soo broken.... College is more expensive but also more important than ever before. It's not easy to choose a student loan that's right for you :(
        That’s why making difficult decisions like utilizing local Juco, and other options such as living at home, and attending WSU or Junior Colleges is important. Too many students want to live on their own too soon. Getting college hours while attending high school is another low cost option.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

That’s why making difficult decisions like utilizing local Juco, and other options such as living at home, and attending WSU or Junior Colleges is important. Too many students want to live on their own too soon. Getting college hours while attending high school is another low cost option.
          Scholarships are easy to get at the Juco level. I had like three to choose from. One was because of a qualifying ACT score and if I remember right it just needed a 23. I skipped a whole segment of the test because I had to pee and still got a 25. The ships had different GPA requirement options- 2.5, 2.7, 3.0. Of course, I took the 2.5.

If I was doing it all over again I would get my associates and then transfer like I did but get a business degree instead of a poli sci. I get a ton of use out of my poli sci degree but I think I would get more out of a business degree since that is what I do day in day out. I was offered a job in Juneau tho so it’s not like my education was worthless.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Taracat
            I really don't understand why didn't they try to lower the tax for education instead of finding alternative sources for loaning?
            Yeah, but do you have any good links to CBD oil or sports betting sites?
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
            X