No announcement yet.

Transgender Cyclist Sets Women's World Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but men have greater cardiovascular reserve, larger hearts, greater lung volume per body mass, higher red blood cell and hemoglobin counts and denser bones, ligaments and tendons than women. All of which testosterone reduction therapy would not affect. Wouldn't these genetic predispositions in males be advantages in physical exertion? Doesn't seem fair for women.

Comment

One solution that would fairer for competition would be to do away with genders and have one race. No women and men 110 meter Dash. Just a 110 meter dash. It would also make track meets shorter.

Comment

Does this make Title Nine a moot point

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
          Does this make Title Nine a moot point
          Probably not. Your one college basketball team will probably be mandated to have the politically correct alphabet soup mix. So many SM's, SF's, L's, G's, B's, Q's MTF's,and FTM's, with appropriate pronoun usage to be used by game broadcasters and PA announcers (assuming there would be any interest in broadcasting such games).

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
            Someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but men have greater cardiovascular reserve, larger hearts, greater lung volume per body mass, higher red blood cell and hemoglobin counts and denser bones, ligaments and tendons than women. All of which testosterone reduction therapy would not affect. Wouldn't these genetic predispositions in males be advantages in physical exertion? Doesn't seem fair for women.
            No, we are effectively identical in potential. You need to update your woke definitions. It’s a scientific regression, and we’re proud of it.

Comment

Texas Father Forced To Put His Child Through Gender Transition Therapy After Losing Custody Battle To Ex-Wife

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_mor...attle-ex-wife/

Comment

This mother is going to CASTRATE her own seven year old child!?! She is absolutely sick and deranged.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I would go to jail, before letting my (non-exist) ex-wife do this to my (non-existent) child.

We are chartering into truly dangerous waters.
                  The Assman

Comment

The tide has been going in this direction for some time, we've just noticed the waves of false guided non-sensical stupidity starting to crash here lately.

Comment

Also, she is a PEDIATRICIAN!!! Someone who is supposed to look out for children's well being!!!!

This is the world we live in in 2019
                      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        The tide has been going in this direction for some time, we've just noticed the waves of false guided non-sensical stupidity starting to crash here lately.
                        OH, I agree!!

I remember listing to someone say few years back, something to the effect that these parents view trans kids as "trophies" to show how progressive and open they are.

At the time people thought this person wasn't being serious or that they were being over-the-top for effect. Now we are seeing they were they were correct.
                        Last edited by Shock Top; October 22, 2019, 12:21 PM.
                        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post

Am I going crazy, or didn't you vehemently argue against this policy multiple times? I specifically remember taking the stance that a MTF competitor should be allowed to compete on a women's team after "completing one calendar year of testosterone suppression treatment," and I remember literally no one (including you) agreeing with that take.
                          I said MTF should compete against males and that FTM should compete against males...just like the NCAA policy states.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            This mother is going to CASTRATE her own seven year old child!?! She is absolutely sick and deranged.

I would add this smells a little like fake news in that we aren't getting the entire story. Perhaps Dad is embellishing things that the court isn't aware of or maybe wasn't allowed into court?

Just trying to be thoughtful about it, as the decision, from the viewpoint of the article, defies common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              I would add this smells a little like fake news in that we aren't getting the entire story. Perhaps Dad is embellishing things that the court isn't aware of or maybe wasn't allowed into court?

Just trying to be thoughtful about it, as the decision, from the viewpoint of the article, defies common sense.
                              You know you are probably right. This has to be fake. No way it can be real. Even if the father is a deranged lunatic and the article ignores that aspect of it -- I'm okay with the mom having custody. That makes total sense. Allowing her to castrate her son at age seven though -- that just can't be legal, so it must be fake.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

I said MTF should compete against males and that FTM should compete against males...just like the NCAA policy states.
                                I suspected that might be what you thought the policy stated. The NCAA policy actually states that MTF participants need only compete against males "until completing one calendar year of testosterone suppression treatment," as outlined in the first post in this thread.

So contrary to what Doc and KW thought:

You have to jump through a lot fewer hoops if you think wufan just misread or didn't read the whole NCAA policy.

Comment

Working...
                                X