Transgender Cyclist Sets Women's World Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transgender Cyclist Sets Women's World Record

Transgender Cyclist Who Set Women's World Record Wouldn't Have Qualified For Men's Championship

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timoth...r-men-n2555072

After the race on Sunday, McKinnon tweeted, "I have yet to meet a real champion who has a problem with trans women. Real champions want stronger competition. If you win because bigotry got your competition banned… you’re a loser."

Uhh let's see, if real champions want stronger competition why doesn't "Rachel" Mckinnon compete against men? Gee, I don't know.

After seeing this article I wondered what the NCAA stance is on Transgender particpation in NCAA sports.

Here is what I found:

NCAA Policy on Transgender Student-Athlete Participation The following policies clarify participation of transgender student-athletes undergoing hormonal treatment for gender transition:

1. A trans male (FTM) student-athlete who has received a medical exception for treatment with testosterone for diagnosed Gender Identity Disorder or gender dysphoria and/or Transsexualism, for purposes of NCAA competition may compete on a men’s team, but is no longer eligible to compete on a women’s team without changing that team status to a mixed team.

2. A trans female (MTF) student-athlete being treated with testosterone suppression medication for Gender Identity Disorder or gender dysphoria and/or Transsexualism, for the purposes of NCAA competition may continue to compete on a men’s team but may not compete on a women’s team without changing it to a mixed team status until completing one calendar year of testosterone suppression treatment.

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/f...2011_Final.pdf
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 21, 2019, 12:24 PM.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Transgender Cyclist Who Set Women's World Record Wouldn't Have Qualified For Men's Championship

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timoth...r-men-n2555072

After the race on Sunday, McKinnon tweeted, "I have yet to meet a real champion who has a problem with trans women. Real champions want stronger competition. If you win because bigotry got your competition banned… you’re a loser."

Uhh let's see, if real champions want stronger comspetition why doesn't "Rachel" Mckinnon compete against men? Gee, I don't know.

After seeing this article I wondered what the NCAA stance is on Transgender particpation in NCAA sports.

Here is what I found:

NCAA Policy on Transgender Student-Athlete Participation The following policies clarify participation of transgender student-athletes undergoing hormonal treatment for gender transition:

1. A trans male (FTM) student-athlete who has received a medical exception for treatment with testosterone for diagnosed Gender Identity Disorder or gender dysphoria and/or Transsexualism, for purposes of NCAA competition may compete on a men’s team, but is no longer eligible to compete on a women’s team without changing that team status to a mixed team.

2. A trans female (MTF) student-athlete being treated with testosterone suppression medication for Gender Identity Disorder or gender dysphoria and/or Transsexualism, for the purposes of NCAA competition may continue to compete on a men’s team but may not compete on a women’s team without changing it to a mixed team status until completing one calendar year of testosterone suppression treatment.

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/f...2011_Final.pdf
      That’s a good policy. Compete up!
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

That’s a good policy. Compete up!
        Am I going crazy, or didn't you vehemently argue against this policy multiple times? I specifically remember taking the stance that a MTF competitor should be allowed to compete on a women's team after "completing one calendar year of testosterone suppression treatment," and I remember literally no one (including you) agreeing with that take.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post

Am I going crazy, or didn't you vehemently argue against this policy multiple times? I specifically remember taking the stance that a MTF competitor should be allowed to compete on a women's team after "completing one calendar year of testosterone suppression treatment," and I remember literally no one (including you) agreeing with that take.
          I could be wrong, but I think he meant the cyclist's policy of: "I have yet to meet a real champion who has a problem with trans women. Real champions want stronger competition."

In other words, if he is a real champion according to his own beliefs, then he should "compete up" and join the men.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Look how fat and out of shape this guy is ... and he set a women's world record:

Comment

He was state women's champion in his FIRST SEASON.

In his words:

"Two full time coaches, travel for training camps, the best equipment sponsors, 15-20hrs/week training, usually training twice/day. 15 months later, I'm a world champion and looking for more."

FIFTEEN MONTHS OF TRAINING to become the world champ.

Yes, jdshock, semi-athletic dudes can practically literally just hop off the couch and become the women's world champ.

Comment

Wow is all I can say; all that work and effort resulted in a World Championship. He clearly deserves every women's world title he wins in the coming weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I could be wrong, but I think he meant the cyclist's policy of: "I have yet to meet a real champion who has a problem with trans women. Real champions want stronger competition."

In other words, if he is a real champion according to his own beliefs, then he should "compete up" and join the men.
                  That could be right. As the NCAA policy was the only actual "policy" that was outlined, I assumed that is what he was referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post

That could be right. As the NCAA policy was the only actual "policy" that was outlined, I assumed that is what he was referring to.
                    Sometimes I wonder if you take the contrarian opinion just for practice, like to keep your skills fresh.

Sometimes.

Comment

I am to the left of center and generally further on social issues lime this. I stand for transgendered folks' right to be free from discrimination in housing, employment, bathrooms and generally everywhere else. But, unless the transgendered MTF athlete has their testosterone nerfed or the ladies have free run to juice like the East Germans of old, this is craziness.
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Why would trans genders need separate bathroom facilities? Women have stalls as do men with urinals as well. And if they indeed need separate bathrooms does that mean trans gender women need separate facilities than that of trans gender men. Just asking for a friend

Comment

I dunno what MTF is and I dunno if this guy still has his dick and balls or not, but there is nothing right about this. Nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                            I am to the left of center and generally further on social issues lime this. I stand for transgendered folks' right to be free from discrimination in housing, employment, bathrooms and generally everywhere else. But, unless the transgendered MTF athlete has their testosterone nerfed or the ladies have free run to juice like the East Germans of old, this is craziness.
                            Nerfed testosterone does not negate a lifetime of the muscle mass building benefit you received before you made your choice to change, or the height and weight advantage you received upon birth.

Born with a penis, you have to compete against men. That's just the way it has to be, or you are anti-female competition.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Sometimes I wonder if you take the contrarian opinion just for practice, like to keep your skills fresh.

Sometimes.
                              I actually don't even think that's a crazy conclusion on some topics. It seems totally out of left field on this subject here. 75% of the first post was literally the NCAA policy. Wufan said "good policy" in response to that post. It seems like a logical connection between the two. KW's interpretation requires you to (i) interpret the champ's language as a "policy;" and (ii) assume wufan interpreted the champ's language to mean the opposite of what she actually intended (since her intent was to direct it at the other women in the sport).

You have to jump through a lot fewer hoops if you think wufan just misread or didn't read the whole NCAA policy.

Again, I could be wrong. But what a strange one to think I'm just being a contrarian to "practice." No offense to anyone on here, but it's not like anyone here is really changing the world with advanced logic or argumentation techniques (applying this to my posts as well, to be clear).

Comment

Working...
                              X