No announcement yet.

KC Chiefs 2019-20 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading to KC tomorrow to go to the game on Sunday. Tailgate starts when the gates open. Taking my two eldest boys, the tailgate will have a dozen total. Anyone at the game want to stop by for a free beer, PM me and I'll give directions to our tent.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

The tailgate begins. Maybe a bit chilly.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
        Minnesota, Seattle, Baltimore, San Francisco, New Orleans, New England, and Buffalo. All teams this year with good to great defenses that if the Chiefs had, we'd go on a Super Bowl dynasty. I'd wager the past 25 Super Bowl champions all had above average to great defenses. When is Andy Reid and the front office going to figure this out and start drafting defensive help?
        While the defense has certainly been a problem, I'm not sure I understand the final sentence. The Chiefs just changed defensive coordinators, spent 3 of their first 4 draft picks on defense in 2019 and their top 5 draft picks on defense in 2018, and had their two biggest free agent signings (and most of their other signings as well) of 2019 on the defensive side of the ball. There are certainly open questions on how well those players will pan out and how the defense will come together over the next couple years, but I don't see how they have been neglecting defense in the draft or free agency.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Heckuva a battle between the Ravens and 49ers on a cold, rainy day in Baltimore. The Ravens won 20-17 a 49 yard field goal as time expired. It would not be a surprise at all to see a rematch in this year's super bowl in Miami.

Comment

That was just brutal. Glad to be home.

Comment

The Chiefs can never pound the Raiders hard enough. That was fun.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                Take your pick...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The beatdown by the Chiefs of the weather? Or both.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                    The Chiefs can never pound the Raiders hard enough. That was fun.
                    Especially with the overrated, overpaid John Gruden roaming the Raiders sideline making a bunch of goof faces.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

The beatdown by the Chiefs of the weather? Or both.
                      The weather. I don't care who wins, I go to have fun, and hopefully see a good game. I think it's gonna take two to three weeks before I feel my nuts again.

Comment

Now, I go to two Chiefs games every year. I attend games periodically in other cities. As an unbiased guy, here are my criticizisms of the Chiefs branding and marketing. They may be the most unoriginal team in the NFL. Nothing they do is original to the Chiefs. Tomahawk Chop, not theirs, nothing. From the drum, to well.... everything, it was started somewhere else first. It works for KC, fine, but unoriginal.

Aand the one thing they came up with "Chiefs Kingdom" that is just stupid. I've always kept my mouth shut about that, but finally yesterday, the die hards next to us started chirping about it. I didn't join in the conversation, I didn't want to piss anyone off (they had a way better space heater plus peanut butter whiskey) but it was almost refreshing to hear some people thinking just as I do about it. Kansas City can do much better than to call their stadium "Chiefs Kingdom."

If that's the worst I can say about the Chiefs, it's not too bad. AND GET RID OF WARPAINT! THEY FO THAT SHOT IN SEVERAL STADIUMS AND PAINTING A POOR HORSE RED IS JUST STUPID!

I'm sure the horse's nuts were shriveled in the cold, too.

Comment

Now, I go to two Chiefs games every year. I attend games periodically in other cities. As an unbiased guy, here are my criticizisms of the Chiefs branding and marketing. They may be the most unoriginal team in the NFL. Nothing they do is original to the Chiefs. Tomahawk Chop, not theirs, nothing. From the drum, to well.... everything, it was started somewhere else first. It works for KC, fine, but unoriginal.

Aand the one thing they came up with "Chiefs Kingdom" that is just stupid. I've always kept my mouth shut about that, but finally yesterday, the die hards next to us started chirping about it. I didn't join in the conversation, I didn't want to piss anyone off (they had a way better space heater plus peanut butter whiskey) but it was almost refreshing to hear some people thinking just as I do about it. Kansas City can do much better than to call their stadium "Chiefs Kingdom."

If that's the worst I can say about the Chiefs, it's not too bad. AND GET RID OF WARPAINT! THEY FO THAT SHOT IN SEVERAL STADIUMS AND PAINTING A POOR HORSE RED IS JUST STUPID!

I'm sure the horse's nuts were shriveled in the cold, too.
                          Meh, I think a lot of teams in the NFL have branding and marketing that's "unoriginal." I think it's much easier to do that as a college athletic department than a pro sports marketing department. To be fair, it's cool that it's still called Arrowhead Stadium, as most stadiums are now named after a corporate sponsor. There are what, four other stadiums in the NFL with that distinction?

I think the tailgating scene is unique as well, although at this point in the season, I have no desire in participating.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Chiefs dodge a late charge by the Pats to win 23-16 at NE.

Comment

I think we can see that the defense is steadily improving. They stood strong when the offense and special teams struggled. This was a really good win, although I think the Pats are vastly overrated.
                              Go Shocks!

Comment

Chiefs benefited from blown call on Td which turned into field goal and the blatant pass interference on the next drive.
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X