No announcement yet.

KC Chiefs 2019-20 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s ok. New England benefitted from two non calls on roughing the passer. And there is no way any NE fan should be griping about calls that for once didn’t benefit them.
    Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
      Chiefs benefited from blown call on Td which turned into field goal and the blatant pass interference on the next drive.
      Harry scored on the pass catch. Kelce's fumble should've been returned for a TD, they didn't call P.I. against us like they should have. But you know what? Payback for the ref screw job the Chiefs got last year in the AFC championship game. Particularly that roughing the passer call against the Chiefs on 4th down that would've have sealed the victory for the Chiefs. The DE touched Brady's shoulder pad and wasn't even close to hitting him in the helmet - but they got the call and went to the Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post

Harry scored on the pass catch. Kelce's fumble should've been returned for a TD, they didn't call P.I. against us like they should have. But you know what? Payback for the ref screw job the Chiefs got last year in the AFC championship game. Particularly that roughing the passer call against the Chiefs on 4th down that would've have sealed the victory for the Chiefs. The DE touched Brady's shoulder pad and wasn't even close to hitting him in the helmet - but they got the call and went to the Super Bowl.
        FINALLY !!! An intelligent response to the game

Comment

Great day for the Chiefs yesterday thanks to their 31-21 win over the Chargers and Miami's big 27-24 upset of the Patriots in Foxboro giving the Chiefs the #2 seed in the AFC and a 1st round bye in the playoffs.

The Chiefs have been playing very well since Mahomes return from injury and their defense has improved a lot. Baltimore still seems the best bet to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl but the Chiefs are certainly capable of getting there as well.

Clearly the Patriots don't look to be much a a threat this year. They have the look of an aging team in decline and quite frankly they simply don't match up talent-wise. They were aided greatly this year by an easy early schedule. In fact, the Patriot dynasty looks to be near, if not at, an end. Probably time for Tom Brady to call it a career.

Comment

It was a great day yesterday. First the Shocks win and then the Chiefs win and the Pats lose. The Pats are like an old rattle snake. Not quick like earlier but still deadly at times.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
              It was a great day yesterday. First the Shocks win and then the Chiefs win and the Pats lose. The Pats are like an old rattle snake. Not quick like earlier but still deadly at times.
              I do think that the Pats long run is over. Their has been a lot written over the years about how good the Pats have been over the past 20 years but perhaps the fact that they have been the best betting choice in the NFL in terms of beating the Vegas spreads over the last 2 decades is about as good of evidence as can be had. The article talks about the Patriots being the best bet of the 2010's, but in the video the oddsmaker says that has been the case for the last 2 decades. Apparently, the fans won't be the only ones not unhappy to see the decline of the Patriots.

The Patriots covered 60% of their games over the course of the 2010s. Here are the best teams to bet on by sport in the decade.

The Chiefs look like a team that could be good for a while as long at they can keep Mahomes in the fold and keep some decent weapons at his disposal. Whether or not we will ever see a 20-year run like the Patriots have had again in the NFL remains to be seen but I kind of doubt it.

Comment

Ranking the eight starting QBs in NFL divisional round

8. Ryan Tannehill, Tennessee Titans
                7. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
                6. Kirk Cousins, Minnesota Vikings
                5. Jimmy Garoppolo, San Francisco 49ers
                4. Deshaun Watson, Houston Texans
                3. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks
                2. Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs
                1. Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens

Comment

The #1 seed in the AFC is out as the Titans dropped the Ravens in Baltimore 28-12. However, the Titans will be no pushover. Derek Henry is a stud.

Comment

Quite a show the Chiefs but on against the Texans yesterday. First the Chiefs were in trouble. Then they weren’t. Then they were winning. By a lot.

On the Texans opening drive the Chiefs secondary totally lost Kenny Stills who was wide, wide, wide open for an easy 54 yard TD pass play. The Chiefs next possession ended with a blocked pun that Houston returned for a touchdown to make it 14-0. Late in the 1st quarter Tyreek Hill fumbled a Texan punt resulting in a 2-play, 6 yard touchdown drive by the Texans to make it 21-0. A 31-yard Texan field goal made it 24-0 with 11:00 minutes to play in the 1st half. It certainly looked dire at that point.

Mecole Hardman gave the Chiefs their first spark returning he ensuing kick-off 60 yards to set up a short field culminating in a Mahomes TD pass to make it 24-7.

On their ensuing possession, in what may have been the momentum, game changing play of the game the Texans got cute and ran a fake punt form their own 31 on 4t and 4. It failed. The Chiefs score again with the short field. The Texans fumble the ensuing kickoff inside the 10 yard line and punch it in again to make it 24-21. The Chiefs get one final possession and drive for a go ahead touchdown with about 50 seconds left in the half to take a 28-24 lead into the locker room and the Chiefs would get the ball 1st in the 2nd half.

A big gainer to Sammy Watkins on the Chiefs opening possession set them up for their 5th straight touchdown as Damien William scored from the 1-yard line. 6 minutes later the Chiefs were in the end zone again to complete a stretch of 41 straight points to them a 41-24 lead. The Texans scored a touchdown with 24 seconds left in the 3rd quarter but the Chiefs answered with an 8-yard Mahomes TD pass to Wichitan Blake Bell, Blake's 1st TD catch of the season. The Chiefs capped it off with a field goal with 8 minutes to play.

So the Chiefs outscored the Texans 51-7 in the final 41 minutes of the game.

It's almost like CBS was streaming a Madden NFL 20 game between a couple of fans instead of showing the actual game.

A game that can barely be explained let alone ever duplicated. The fake punt, followed by the fumbled kick off after Chiefs scored pretty much triggered the turn around. Once the snow ball started rolling down hill the Texans seemed defenseless.

A game like this makes me think this just might be the Chiefs year. Would love to see Andy Reid get a Super Bowl win.

Comment

Blake Bell, along with two other former Sooners, ended up scoring five touchdowns in the game.

OU football: Kenny Stills, Damien Williams, Blake Bell score in AFC Divisional Playoff

Comment

I thought the tone of the game changed even before the fake punt. When the Texans kicked the field goal, they had 4th and less than one from about the Chiefs 6. They had been moving the ball fairly well on the ground and had a chance to really step on the Chiefs neck. I thought it was a scared call. Then it was inexplicably compounded by the fake punt. Daniel Sorensen made a great read on that play btw. He read it from before the snap and then executed. Being a life long Chiefs fan, I was prepared for another playoff debacle after the first quarter. Pat Mahomes may just heal all of the scars on my heart.
                        Go Shocks!

Comment

I heard the Chiefs won yesterday and might be going to the Super Bowl. Can anyone confirm?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            I heard the Chiefs won yesterday and might be going to the Super Bowl. Can anyone confirm?
                            Can’t be. I’ve been told by good authority they will never go again.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X