KC Chiefs 2019-20 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KC Chiefs 2019-20 Season

Chiefs win 40-26 against Jax on the road. Chiefs lose Hill early in the game to shoulder injury (which ended up requiring him to be hospitcalized). Mahomes gets a sprained ankle. Sammy Watkings catches 9 passes for 198 yards and the LeShean McCoy runs for 81 yards on 10 carries (what a great late pick-up) he might be.

Meanwhile Jax loses foles who for the season with a broken clavicle.

In other news, New England signs the released Antonio Brown. Which is being reported that Antonio Brown may have orchestrated all the drama this week to get released from Oakland so he could sign iwth another team. If true, makes you wonder what is really going on in Oakland.

Antonio Brown just confirms my initial feelings about his make up. It’s all “I”

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
      Antonio Brown just confirms my initial feelings about his make up. It’s all “I”
      I have a feeling he is going to make a sneaky come back.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Chiefs win in Oakland 28-10 in Oakland. Could have been much worse, but a couple Mahomes TD passes got called back by holding.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

I have a feeling he is going to make a sneaky come back.
          I see this as going one of two ways. Successfully for the NE Pats or it could blow up in their faces. The media and distractions certainly aren’t going away. Each week they will be asking the same questions of the players and the organization. They probably will win but a black eye will continue without relief. It will eventually wear on the team and take some kind of toll.

Comment

• shock
            shock commented
            Editing a comment
            He just seems like a come back type of guy

Looks like the path to the SB goes through New England again this year. Chiefs D is horrible, can we go ahead and cut BaShaud Breeland please?

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
            Looks like the path to the SB goes through New England again this year. Chiefs D is horrible, can we go ahead and cut BaShaud Breeland please?
            I think it's still too early to make that declaration. New England's defense is tough but the offense has its challenges. Their schedule is much tougher on the back half of the season.

Comment

New England has a very easy schedule. Play 6 games against the AFC East is always an advantage. It won't matter though if the Chiefs don't solve the problems on the defense and offensive line. They have to protect PM better. Most of those amazing throws while scrambling are failures in protection. Chiefs have real problems that I am not sure how they will overcome.
              Go Shocks!

Comment

If I would have told you ten days ago that the Broncos were capable of winning on Thursday, I would have been laughed off of ShockerNet. However, with cracks starting to show in the Kansas City front-line (both sides of ball) and with Denver's resurgent defense and ability to run the football, it will be interesting. I never discount KC's ability to put up points in bunches, but the Broncos have a shot if they can extend drives and keep Mahomes on the sideline.
                Last edited by WuShock16; October 14, 2019, 12:19 PM.
                78-65

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                  New England has a very easy schedule. Play 6 games against the AFC East is always an advantage. It won't matter though if the Chiefs don't solve the problems on the defense and offensive line. They have to protect PM better. Most of those amazing throws while scrambling are failures in protection. Chiefs have real problems that I am not sure how they will overcome.
                  Buffalo looks to be legit this year in the AFC East although the Pats own a road win over Buffalo. The Jets and Dolphins not so much althought the Jets did beat the Cowboys yesterday.

The Pats' stretch of games beginning November 3rd at the Ravens, followed by their Bye week, at the Eagles, vs the Cowboys, @ the Texans and vs the Chiefs will provide a much better measure of where the Pats are this year. The finish the regular season at home against the Bills and the Dolphins.

Comment

Let's overreact to Week 6 in the NFL:

Two weeks is a very long time in the NFL. Heck, it's one eighth of a season. If you're playing well, it flies by. If you're losing, it feels as if it takes forever.

In just two weeks, NFL storylines can turn completely upside down. They can go from "The Vikings are going nowhere with Kirk Cousins" to "Wow, Cousins looks locked in." They can go from the Cowboys are going to be just fine" to "The Cowboys were frauds." From "The Browns have fixed their offense" to "Baker Mayfield is regressing."

From "The Chiefs might not lose all season" to "What's wrong with the Chiefs?" Which brings us to the first of our Week 6 Overreaction Monday topics. The Chiefs' defense will keep them out of the Super Bowl
                    After a 4-0 start, Kansas City lost two straight home games to AFC South teams it could very well play in the postseason. The Colts ran for 180 yards in last Sunday's victory, and the Texans rolled up 192 rushing yards this week.

The Chiefs are giving up 24 points and 406 yards per game, have just a half-game lead on the Raiders in the AFC West, and there are four AFC teams with the same record or better.

The verdict: NOT AN OVERREACTION. The Chiefs made several coaching and personnel changes on defense this offseason, but they do not appear to have improved in any meaningful way.

The way the Patrick Mahomes-led offense performed last season, the Chiefs could give up 30-plus points in a game and still expect to win. But while he can still look as otherworldly brilliant as anyone at times, he hasn't been consistently clicking the past two weeks. His 41 passing yards in the second half Sunday represented the lowest total of any half he has played as a pro.

If Mahomes is in whatever he calls a slump, the defense is going to have to do its part. And nothing that has happened so far indicates that side of the ball can handle that responsibility for the Chiefs. Come January, as they learned in the 2018 AFC Championship Game, that can cost you.

Probably the best way to contain Mahomes is to keep him off the field. The Colts won the time of possession 37:15 to 22:45 and the Texans won the time of possession 39:48 to 20:12.

The Chiefs currently are 30th in defending run based on average yards allowed per game of 161.8 behind only winless Miami and winless Cincinnati. In total yards allowed per game the Chiefs are 28th at 406.2. Apparently, the Chiefs have done a pretty good job of bending but not breaking as they are 19th in scoring defense giving up 24.0 points per game.

But clearly they are forcing their offense to be almost perfect to have success.

Comment

Reports: Results of Patrick Mahomes’ MRI “turned out to be a best-case scenario”

https://www.kmbc.com/article/chiefs-...homes/29507520

I guess as possible outcomes go this is a pretty good one for the Chiefs.

Unfortunately, the Chiefs have a couple of tough games on the horizon with the Packers and Vikings. If they can split those games that would be a success.

Comment

I see that the Partriots re-signed Ben Watson at tight end. I'm not sure Ben will be the answer to the Patriots issues at tight end but if there is a guy in the NFL I will root for to do well regardless of who he is playing for is Ben Watson. A quality human being. The antithesis of Antonio Brown for sure. Whatever character counts for Ben Watson has.

Comment

Patrick Mahomes undergoes MRI; second opinion on kneecap injury will be sought

Comment

Matt Stafford had the same injury back in 2009 and was out 4 weeks. He finished the season but he had surgery on the knee in the off-season. I don't know if Mahomes' knee is better or worse than what Matt had, but assuming they are the same, I'd just assume shut Pat down for the rest of the year, get him operated on and let him be 100% for 2020. Why wager your future and franchise QB for a one season run?

Comment

Working...
                            X