No announcement yet.

Official Foodie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Geno's in Kechi still open and has anyone been there lately?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Is Geno's in Kechi still open and has anyone been there lately?
      Google shows it as still open and the most recent Google review was from a month ago. That guarantees nothing but is the best I can do. I don't have a lot of contacts in Kechi these days to directly reach out to and find out. Maybe someone from Old School Social might know and I might be able to get a hold of one of them.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Wichita by EB - Big changes in the local food scene for three restaurants in Wichita

To kick things off, Magic Wok celebrated their last day of business on Saturday, June 25. The Chinese restaurant at 9504 W. Central closed after 41 years in business. This closing has been in the works for a while and not sudden, but still a tough loss for our dining scene.

Up next is one that was expected in some fashion when Bowlero Corp. took over Northrock Lanes, West Acres and The Alley Indoor Entertainment Center. A.J’s at the Alley and Northrock as we know it are now closed. Rumors have been spread all over the internet for what’s to come. Some sources at the bowling alleys have told me that both restaurants are in for an overhaul. This will include a name change. I’ve heard differing things on whether the menu will change, so who knows what to expect. All we know is Bowlero Corp. will be changing things up for the restaurants in both alleys.
        I never even considered AJ's being at risk with the change in management at North Rock and The Alley. AJ's has been a long time constant and provided good food and service every time I've been to either one.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Do you like Popeyes? They're going to be easier to find in the near future.

WBJ - Developer signs deal for several new Popeyes locations in Wichita

Local developer Mitesh Patel says he has recently inked a franchise agreement for 16 new Popeyes locations in Kansas over the next five years, including seven or eight in the Wichita area.

He said the restaurants will feature the chicken chain's newest design, which has sleek new interiors and exteriors, a smaller indoor footprint and a double drive-through.
          Look for a few to begin later this year with most in '23 here in the metro area.

I think I've had Popeyes once or twice. As much as I love chicken in general, I just haven't been a big consumer of fast food fried chicken at any place.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• It is what it is. I can't believe the market would support 5 or 6 more locations.

Why Grandy's left town years ago will always be a mystery, and an incredibly sad moment to remember.

About time to run down to Norman to pick up a dozen or so breakfast sandwiches along with a quick trip through the gravy shower.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              Do you like Popeyes? They're going to be easier to find in the near future.

WBJ - Developer signs deal for several new Popeyes locations in Wichita

Look for a few to begin later this year with most in '23 here in the metro area.

I think I've had Popeyes once or twice. As much as I love chicken in general, I just haven't been a big consumer of fast food fried chicken at any place.
              “Love That Chicken From Popeyes”
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Does the Popeyes near 13th and Hillside still sell crack out of the drive thru?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  Does the Popeyes near 13th and Hillside still sell crack out of the drive thru?
                  Was that them or the place across the street (or both)?

Comment

• We tried N & J Cafe at Lincoln and Edgemoor last Thursday for lunch. Really good Mediterranean food. Wichita has some fantastic Mediterranean. Bella Luna, College Hill Deli, N&J, even Meddy’s.

Comment

• On occasion I will try food from a food truck and most of the time they have some interesting things to eat. My latest was a hot dog stand at 17th and N Broadway. North west corner under the blue canopy. Latino Hot Dogs. It is owned by a man named Julio who moved here with his family a couple of years ago from Houston. Really likes the weather here. Go figure. Anyway I got the El Patron hot dog. A hotlink onion(grilled) tomato, mayo, ketchup, Regia salsa, mustard, nacho cheese, jalepeno, and parmesan cheese. Five bucks.He also has Tortas and tacos and Burritos among other items and according to a friend of mine a mean Philly-Chessesteak . My wife who is hesitant to try new/different things really enjoyed the El Patron.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Was that them or the place across the street (or both)?
                        Church’s -> Wichita Chicken -> Northeast Wichita Trashbag Collection Center
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• HOT FOOD TAKE: Popeye's chicken sandwich is better than Chick-Fil-A's chicken sandwich.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I wish I had more access to food trucks. It's one thing I miss about my previous job as when in the office, we had food trucks out usually twice a week, if not three times.

I miss Hot-2-Trot. Always looked forward to them coming. Great dog/link and I believe you could choose four toppings of your choice at no extra charge.
                            Funky Monkey Munchies
                            Urban Skillet
                            Ken & Barbie's
                            Uno Mas (I believe they have some brick and mortar locations still)
                            Brown Box Bakery
                            Smokin Diner
                            The Bomb BBQ

I know Noble House was popular with some. Not my menu.

I know we had a few others but I spent most of the last two years there working from home. I do know that they are doing food trucks again though.

According to the list Eddy has gathered, We have 151 food trucks in the area. Food Truck List from Wichita by EB

A lot of taco trucks. A few adult beverage trucks and a lot of stuff in between.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Church’s -> Wichita Chicken -> Northeast Wichita Trashbag Collection Center
                              I took a stab (no pun intended) at Wichita Chicken once when the line across the street was beyond the parking lot. Man, never again. No idea how they got a food license. Scariest effing drive through I've ever been to, or ever will go to. The entire experience was brutal, including the chicken, assuming that's what I got.

The building itself should be razed by the city. Like yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                                We tried N & J Cafe at Lincoln and Edgemoor last Thursday for lunch. Really good Mediterranean food. Wichita has some fantastic Mediterranean. Bella Luna, College Hill Deli, N&J, even Meddy’s.
                                No doubt. Bella Luna is in a class by itself for me. Then N & J, CHD and Meddy's (not my favorite although almost everyone I know loves Meddy's).

There's one more out west...the name is escaping me at the moment though.

Also tried Prost and had a bite of their bierock. Go to M & M a few blocks further west. Not even close. Like Grand Canyon not close.

Comment

Working...
                                X