No announcement yet.

Should KU & KSU join the MVC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVJ wrote: "They left because they couldn't risk the league falling apart and them being stuck."

Isn't this a little like walking out of a hotel, lighting and throwing matches, and saying you left because "this place may catch on fire"?

Comment

• Originally posted by shockyhawky
      MVJ wrote: "They left because they couldn't risk the league falling apart and them being stuck."

Isn't this a little like walking out of a hotel, lighting and throwing matches, and saying you left because "this place may catch on fire"?
      No. Not the way I understood MVJ.

It's more like all were in their own rooms, several were lighting and throwing matches, particularly some key ones, and they wanted UNL to comment to being locked in their room and not getting a key for 10 years while the others could just walk out of the hotel when ever they wanted.

Comment

• As for what happened, many teams were shopping, Nebraska was one of six. Colorado had already left. With that, the conference meetings became quite contentious and for some reason, it was demanded of Nebraska that they give a ten year commitment to remain in the league. There were penalties being threatened if Nebraska wouldn't comply. This 10 year commitment was not asked of any other school. Why? I don't know, but the focus turned to forcing Nebraska to stay. Nebraska countered with offering to sign the commitment, but so would Texas and both schools would have to forfeit their third tier rights. Texas refused and Nebraska was left with three choices, sign the binding agreement to stay for 10 years, not sign and pay for that decision or leave. They chose to leave.

As for third tier rights, they are the rigts to broadcast games not picked up by:
        First tier-The network contract
        Second Tier- ESPN or Fox agreements

In other words, ABC had first rights to any Big XII game, followed by ESPN and Fox. If nobody picked up the game, broadcast rights then become the property of the home school. Visiting schools can also buy third tier rights from the home team.

Onto game photos, I don't have many, I got distracted with other things, but I remembered to get a few.

Miller Lite girls at Old Chicago. They were hotter than the picture shows.

[/url]
        Fresno State fans we met at Old Chicago. We took them to our tailgate. Fun guys, the one on the left has a Claifornia mediacal marijuana card and is proud of it.

Some girl I was talking to.

As they said in Wayne's World, EXTREME CLOSE-UP!!!!!
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I might add, to get an extreme close up like that you must have enough game to engage in conversation with a very attractive girl half your age, you must be both witty and charming, you also must make her comfortable enough that she believes that the photo will be tatsteful and artistic. It also doesn't hurt if the broad is as dumb as a box of rocks!

On another note, I will be in Branson competing in a triathalon next weekend. I will not be going to the Nebraska- Washington game. I have two tickets and a parking pass for anyone that is interested. I am only asking face value, $112 ($56x2). I know there probably aren't too many people in Wichita interested, but if you are, PM me. These won't last.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• This has been a fun thread to read the last few days. Who knows where this will all end up but most K-Staters are of the opinion that we will end up in a BCS conference despite what our boobie loving (and who can argue that boobies aren't something to love) friend John seems to think. I do have a couple of questions for you John, if you don't mind my asking.

Why post all this here on Shockernet? Why not come over to GoPowercat and have the same discussion. With the Rivals 7 day trial it won't cost you a thing and you could discuss all your "facts" about how K-State is a non-player in the conference alignment mess.

Here are my facts for you:

Series football record against Texas:

Nebraska 4-10 all time, 1-9 Big XII.
            Kansas State 6-5 all time, 5-2 Big XII.

The facts show NU a loser against Texas, KSU is not.

Oh, and that Kansas athletic program that out spends K-State by so much?
            The one that is soooooo much more important than K-State nationally?
            During the 2010-2011 season that powerhouse uk2 program was 1-12 against K-State in head to head competition:

K-STATE (12) vs. KANSAS (1)
            Football: K-State 59-7
            Volleyball: K-State 3-1, K-State 3-2
            Rowing: K-State 13-6
            Men’s basketball: Kansas 90-66, K-State 84-68
            Women’s basketball: K-State 65-60, K-State 56-51
            Women’s tennis: K-State 5-2, K-State 4-1
            Baseball: K-State, 11-10, K-State 13-9, K-State 10-6

And, since this is the WSU board, how about that beat down NU suffered against the Shockers in the NIT? You know, the NU men's basketball program that has never, ever won a game in the NCAA tournament?

But, I can understand why NU would want to leave the Big XII. Losing to Texas every year must be hard to stomach.

Comment

• Appropriate time for animated popcorn eating image.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Comment

• Mighty hypocritical of you BSCat, to criticize MVJ for coming here discussing Kitten State's march to non-BCS stardom, and yet you to take the time to come here, to Shockernet, to continue the discussion.

The most important statistic of all that you left out of (by the way, I love the rowing statistics... what no equestrian stats.. )

Kansas State doesn't have a NC in any sport. It is in the most least desirable location for television sets in the country.

Nobody cares about Kansas State.

Have fun in the WAC.

Can't wait to see the irony of your screename play itself out..
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by BCSCat

Why post all this here on Shockernet?
                    well doofus, this thread was created on Shockernet.

Comment

• BCSCat, I’ll try to answer each and every question you have, Shocker fans, get the popcorn popping!!! First off, I’m sorry that this was delayed, I’ve been busy.
                      Why post all this here on Shockernet? Why not come over to GoPowercat and have the same discussion.
                      I post on Shockernet because they are a Valley member. I follow Valley basketball, and for the most part, only Valley basketball. I post on three other Valley sites, I do not post often on any of them and I do not post on topics dedicated to their team. How Shocker fans feel about their team, coach players, recruits and other topics is for them to do, they do not need my input. I respect their board as I do all others. With that, I do not post on either Creighton sites. I was a rare poster on the old Bluejay Café, but when Matt Perrault took over, I quit reading. I also don’t post on the White and Blue review because it’s too slow. As an interesting aside, three of my nephews, one my Godson, are on an atletic scholarship at three different Valley schools. I mentiond this spring on this board that my nephew is playing baseball for Creighton. While I don't follow their school, am not a fan of their school, I do follow them. The Valley was entertainment to me, now it's a bit more.

All that aside, I have no interest in posting on Powercat, or whatever you call it. As I said before regarding Shockernet, I stay off of the topics related directly to their team, it’s their board, their opinions. I’m not here to try to shape Shocker opinions of their team or school and I definitely am not going on Powercat to try to force my opinion of Kansas State on their fans on their board. That said, I will bash Wichita State occasionally on MVCFans and used to occasionally on the old Valley Talk. Conference boards are open season on everyone. Also, I have also met 8-10 Shocker fans in Omaha. Those that have met me in person will attest that I am a real person and my opinions that I share here are genuine.

As for this thread, if we were discussing Wichita State and realignment, I wouldn't post. We aren't, I'm not trolling if I'm talking about K-State on a Shocker board. And my opinion of K-State has been pretty well established on this thread, but let me elaborate. While I wish the Wildcats no ill-will, they are what they are. They have had some good football years and they have had some good basketball years. But they aren’t a perennial power in anything. There is too much hanging your hats on your football from a decade ago, a basketball history that is more than 25 years old and a recent short run built on a year of Bob Huggins recruits. In reality, those three things encompass the entire Kansas State “winning” tradition. If national worth was based on that, we would still consider Army a football power.

Here are my facts for you:

Series football record against Texas:

Nebraska 4-10 all time, 1-9 Big XII.
                      Kansas State 6-5 all time, 5-2 Big XII.

The facts show NU a loser against Texas, KSU is not.

Once again, you are building your worth on a record vs. one team. So you guys have beaten Texas, big deal. What is your record against Oklahoma, Missouri or even Iowa State? My guess is that you will counter that you guys have a winning record vs. Iowa State, I don’t know all-time head to head, but I’d guess K-State owns the Cyclones. I’d also guess that you will have little to say about your all-time record vs. Mizzou, but if you say anything, it would probably also have to do with a run against them when Snyder was at his peak. Again, these are merely guess, I don’t know your head to head vs. those teams, I’m not even going to bring up your record vs. Nebraska. You see, just because one team has another teams number, it doesn’t tell the whole story, or usually, it doesn’t even give a fair picture. You brought up Texas because that is one bright spot in an otherwise gray history. You have to look at the whole resume.

And, since this is the WSU board, how about that beat down NU suffered against the Shockers in the NIT? You know, the NU men's basketball program that has never, ever won a game in the NCAA tournament?

But, I can understand why NU would want to leave the Big XII. Losing to Texas every year must be hard to stomach.

Okay, I’m going to let you off a little on this, but hammer you at the same time. You don’t know me, you don’t know my allegiances. I am not a Nebraska fan. I like going to sporting events and I like going to Husker games. Both basketball and football. I own season tickets for football and season tickets to Creighton basketball. I attend about four or five Husker basketball games a year. With that, I’ll give you the long winded explanation of who I am. I'm sorry to wriote a novel, but BCSCat needs it. I am a Chicago native. After high school, I joined the Navy and then returned to Illinois to attend a small, private college. I met my wife in college, she was from Omaha and we had kids, she wanted to move back and raise them here. I lost that discussion. I have an older sister that located in Minneapolis, another in Iowa and a brother that worked in energy trading that ended up being transferred to Omaha as well. With all of the older kids gone and my dad having the ability to work in an industry that location was irrelevant, they moved here to be with my brother and I, as well as, have my oldest sister an hour and a half away. My dad died a few years back, but Omaha is now my home. As for my fandom, I’m a Cubs fan, a Bears fan and a Bulls and Blackhawks fan, that is where my fandom rests. I love sports, I attend many sporting events and before I had a houseful of kids, my friends growing up and I would road trip to tons of events. That is how I have visited all of the Big XII cities, most of the Big 10 and SEC. I have also gone to the Masters and a whole lot of other stuff. The one geeky thing I do, is my buddies and I will meet up at Kiss concerts. I don’t even remember how it started, a few friends still live in Chicago, one in Denver, another in KC and me in Omaha. We aren’t Kiss fans, we don’t dress up or anything stupid like that, but if Kiss is in Denver, we’ll all meet up in Denver for the show and the weekend. If they are in Omaha, everyone comes here. I think it’s just an excuse to get together and our wives will sign off on it.

Okay, that is me and now back to your insinuation that I am a Husker fan with more long windedness..... Growing up, I was a marginal athlete. I was undersized but I played hard. Though not great myself, my older brother played D-1 football at a BCS school, and two of my sisters played sports at the D-1 level on scholarship. I also have uncles that played in the NFL and one uncle that played MLB baseball. I was immersed in sports, love it, but really have a hard time being a fan of a school I never attended. I love sports, love going to games, but why would I be a fan of a school that I never went to? As for the Huskers, I hate their fans, I have many friends that are fans, I ridicule them when Nebraska loses! I go to their football and basketball games because I’m a sports junkie, I love the games!!! That is also why I go to Creighton games. In the military, I went to SD Clippers games, as well as the Padres and Chargers. I was hardly a fan, but I lived in the town, I love sports, they were playing so I went. Likewise, I don’t understand why anyone in Wichita that claims to be a sports fan, wouldn’t attend a Kansas or K-State game held at IBA. That's just me, but in my opinion, if you really love sports, go to the game! Apparently, people that only go to the games of the teams that they are fans of, never got stuck in Sioux City, Iowa for a year where they have nothing!!!

So on your attempt to dog me because Nebraska sucks at basketball, it was a swing and a miss. Nobody laughs about their losing more than me. And when Nebraska loses at football, I have a heyday! I’m just not going to hate so much that I would deprive myself of entertainment and Nebraska sports is about all I have here, so I go. I guess I could sit at home with my thumb up my arse, would that be a better option??? I think not.

Anything else you want to ask? If not, I’ll leave you with this, maybe I get more respect on this board because I don’t troll it like you do. I agree with people here when I agree with them, I disagree with them when I disagree, but I don’t comment on topics related directly to Wichita State, that is their business. Lastly, if I were a fan of K-State and trying not to upset people on this board, I probably would have adopted a screen name other than one that started with BCS. Just my opinion

Comment

• MVC, ftw. :clap: :clap: :clap: :good:

You provide a billion times more valuable discussion to this board than the guy that has to insecurely rub the "BCS" status of his school in our face. This is also something you'd expect from a Rutgers or Iowa State fan.. "We're better than you because we're technically in the BCS".

You see the irony in it all..
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Thinking about my previous, way too long post, I googled and found a really cool site, it lets you pull the head to head of any college team. Here is what I found:
                          Kansas State vs.
                          Iowa State 41-49-4 .457
                          Missouri 32-58-5 .363
                          Colorado 20-45-1 .311
                          Kansas 37-57-5 .399
                          Oklahoma State 19-35-0 .352
                          Oklahoma 17-69-4 .211
                          Nebraska 15-76-3 .176
                          Texas 6-5-0 .545
                          Texas Tech 3-8-0 .273
                          Texas A&M 6-8-0 .429
                          Baylor 6-2-0 .750

So, in all of Kansas State's glory, they have a winning record against Texas, a nice accomplishment, but the only other team that they have a winning record against.... Baylor. The K-State fans have talked how their football program is better than Kansas's, but histrically, even lowly Kansas has taken them to the woodshed! I knew it was bad, but I didn't know it was this bad, they have a losing history against Iowa State! Originally I had conceeded Iowa State to the Wildcats. I guess when your program has a bad history, it really has a bad history!!!

Here is the link to the website:
                          Form for computing results of one team vs another over any span of years.

Comment

• Kansas State fans would like you to believe that history began in 1995.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Making a move to national respectability and then dropping back off is typically the terrain on which the mid-majors tread. A flash-in-the-pan run to national prominence followed by a drop to mediocrity is what BCS schools always use as the excuse for no respect for a mid-major when they do it.

Now, back to the ESPN or SI article that says the B12 must continue because of the TV contracts. The argument in that article was that even if KU, KSU, ISU, MU, and Baylor are all that's left of the B12, all they have to do is bring in a bunch of CUSA type teams and the networks won't risk cancelling the TV contracts.

That seemed like a very logical argument. In addition, the departing teams would have to pay the remaining teams a fee for leaving, so the remaining schools would get a real financial windfall.

I think I remember from a year ago, that if a certain number of teams leave the B12, then the B12 is dissolved and no longer exists. In that case, ESPN and FOX are off the hook The other partner to the contract no longer exists. Departure fees are gone. The league is dissolved.

I believe all the B12 teams signed on to that method of dissolving the B12 and couldn't sue because the method of dissolving the league they agreed to had occurred.

I've reviewed the B12's Bylaws and there's nothing like that in there.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockyhawky
                                Here is an interesting take on the "super conferences":
                                http://blogmaverick.com/
                                thanks for sharing, I'm sure many shockernetters will go out and get a colonoscopy now after reading cuban blog.

I usually don’t talk about personal issues, but I thought this was important to share.

I’m getting to that age where it pays to be proactive and start getting tested for the myriad of things that can go wrong with my body. One of the things I wanted to get over with is a check for colon cancer.

Comment

Working...
                                X