New Downtown Baseball Stadium, AAA Club, and Associated RE Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
    I’m trying so hard to not be a hater, but man did they whiff hard on this. I’m so excited for AAA baseball but this mascot/logo/uniform unveil is kind of a buzzkill.
    Just like the stadium.

It's all so perfectly Wichita though. We can't have nice things.

Comment

• @WichitaBaseball disappeared. Wonder if they got hit with a bunch of backlash on the turrible name, or just killing it off since they actually have a name now.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        @WichitaBaseball disappeared. Wonder if they got hit with a bunch of backlash on the turrible name, or just killing it off since they actually have a name now.
        lol Eldridge has a poll up and 80% don’t like it. It’s probably past the point of no return at this point but if they can reverse it, they should do it. The whole build up to this was ridiculous and now this is ridiculous. They might wanna keep their account deleted for a while because the backlash is pretty savage right now.

Comment

• The Wranglers was a great name considering it tied into Wichita's root as a cowtown.

What would be some alternatives on the cowtown them?.

Buckaroos
          Chaps (pronounced Shaps)
          Bullbangers
          Bullbusters
          Branding Irons

If the want to go with a weather theme:

Wind Blasters
          Twisters
          Thunderclouds

And of course you could go with he aviation theme.

The need to put out 5 names plus a none of the above option and let the fans vote. If none of the above wins put out 5 more.

Wind Surge? SHOCKvalue is right. We would soon be known as the Wichita Farts. Who in the hell is responsible for this?

Comment

• Isn’t that a term associated with tidal waves, something we have so much of here?

Comment

• Totally expected from this crapshow. Are we part of some sort of reality show where we'll be "catfished" or some other stupid thing?

Comment

• If are going with the fart them than do it right. The Wichita Wind Breakers.

Comment

• Wichita Derecho
                  wichita Haboob
                  wichita Storm hawks
                  wichita bomb cyclones
                  wichita thundersnow
                  wichita salt dawgs
                  wichita gustanados

Comment

• Wichita Dumpster Fires

Comment

• My guess, they become the know as just the Surge.

Logo, Hats, and Jerseys all look class though. Todd does great work.

The Assman

Comment

• Home

Road

Alt 1

Alt 2
                        The Assman

Comment

• Hat 1

Hat 2

Hat 3
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                            My guess, they become the know as just the Surge.

Logo, Hats, and Jerseys all look class though. Todd does great work.
                            I could live with the Surge. I really hope they reduce it to that for 2nd season.

Comment

• If the product on the field and the game experience is good, people will forget about the lameness of the name soon enough

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                If the product on the field and the game experience is good, people will forget about the lameness of the name soon enough
                                Reminds me of when they announced the "Thunder" name for OKC.

I wasn't too wowed by it, but now it would be hard to imagine them as anything else.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X