Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShockCrazy
    replied
    As suspected it will be be multipurpose. Longwell on The Drive today, goal is 200 events a year and that will include other sports. Believes there will be high school football games there.

Edit: Just said they have pivoted from the soccer idea due to season conflicts. Which I think is probably for the best. But it will support football. I am curious to what the future of hopefully professional soccer is in Wichita though.
    Last edited by ShockCrazy; September 6, 2018, 04:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• im4wsu
    commented on 's reply
    I remember just troughs of concrete to pee in. Can't quite remember where it was, though.

• WstateU
    replied
    Ain't this the truth...

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    LMFAO!

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    commented on 's reply
    Hey now, don't forget... Mayans wanted to earmark the WSU mill levy proceeds to the Bring Back WSU Football initiative only! That's progressive!

T

...:cool:

• C0|dB|00ded
    commented on 's reply
    So much pee-trauma yet to be erased from my memory during the Cow Palace era.

All I could ever think was, "Let 'em splash pee on my hands, but for the love of germophobes everywhere... don't let it hit my tallywhacker"

That really was a 3rd world experience. Soccer would have fit right in.

T

• WstateU
    replied
    I just want plenty of these (modern of course)... when I gotta go, I gotta go!

O.co.med.jpg

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    commented on 's reply
    Someone needs to be a sport and quote the above post so 'Crazy can see it. I made it especially for him. ^_^

T

• SHOCKvalue
    commented on 's reply
    There are warm weather grasses and cool weather grasses. Wichita sort of lives on the E-W dividing line in the US between the two types of grasses, so we have both. The cool weather grasses are much more attractive (in most people's opinion... including HOA's that mostly have them as a requirement) but the warm weather stuff requires much less water and care. The warm weather turfgrasses (bermuda, etc) do just fine in Wichita during even the hottest of times. Problem with them is they are brown, dormant and really ugly around here for like eight months of the year (or the entire 12 months, depending on your perspective). They green up in May/June, and will start to go brown here in a few weeks.

• C0|dB|00ded
    commented on 's reply
    Can you even get "baseball grass" to grow in this god-forsaken climate? Summers in Wichita are death to anything attractive.

T

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Oh and for the love everything holy, make the playing surface natural. I would hope that is one of the contingencies by the Marlins or something. Green carpet would be a “cutting corners” FAIL.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    Apparently MiLB and PCL still have to officially approve the move, sometime by the end of the year they say. Sure hope that is just a formality. Gotta think it is if we're busy tearing down the stadium and doing big press conferences.
    I’m a little disappointed with a lack of timeline and some hard renderings. I get that it seems like things are getting hung up on technical business from Minor League Baseball but all we really got out of that press conference is that Minor League Baseball is coming to Wichita.

I hope they don’t drag their feet with this, but at the same time, do it effing right.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    commented on 's reply
    I don’t think going too much higher than 7 or 8k is necessary. The games are never going to demand 10,000 fans on a regular basis. Spillover crowd onto the berns would provide necessary coverage imo.

A $70 mil 7k stadium better be nice. Theoretically, it should be the best stadium in all of the minors from a cosmetic and amenity standpoint.

• ShockCrazy
    commented on 's reply
    Fair point. I went to a baseball game as well, and while lifeless it was still a better viewing experience than soccer.

• ArtVandalay
    commented on 's reply
    To be fair, I've watched a baseball game in Yankee stadium and wasn't impressed. For an expensive new stadium, they sure missed the mark with that stadium.
Working...
X