Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walker
    commented on 's reply
    We've got pitch this to Mayor Longwell now. This is destiny working itself out.

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by Walker View Post
    Or we could do both. Embrace our history and the future by naming our team...Space Cowboys.

7th inning stretch, the whole crowd could sing Space Cowboy by Steve Miller Band.

Image result for space cowboys
    … or Fly Like An Eagle...

"Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin' Into the future."

Leave a comment:

• Walker
    replied
    Or we could do both. Embrace our history and the future by naming our team...Space Cowboys.

7th inning stretch, the whole crowd could sing Space Cowboy by Steve Miller Band.

Image result for space cowboys

Leave a comment:

• SHOCKvalue
    replied
    Western history is backwards, simpleton, and doesn’t present a positive image?

Okay...

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    I just disagree with those who think that the western, trail, cow, etc. is the way we want to present the image if Wichita. While historically accurate, it simply reinforces the image of backwards, simple folks that the world already has. Aerospace presents the forward thinking more sophisticated people that we are. Neither is wrong but we should present a more positive image.

Leave a comment:

• SHOCKvalue
    replied
    Originally posted by shocker_torero View Post

If I’m not mistaken, what is good for Wichita is good for Kansas and often vice versa. That’s why the governor got involved with negotiations.
    The state of Kansas from a governance and bureaucratic perspective has often been antagonistic towards Wichita historically, to say nothing of the same dynamic for Wichita State.

For one, there’s been a number of times when the state was waffling on allowing the use of STAR bonds on Wichita projects, while up in NE KS they give them out like candy. I can do some googling of old news articles, if you need.
    Last edited by SHOCKvalue; September 12, 2018, 11:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• shocker_torero
    replied
    Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    I like Trail Riders. Goes well with the old west history and the Chisholm Trail.

I would be surprised if the name ended up as “Kansas” as opposed to “Wichita”. All this work has been done, and is being done, in order to elevate the city of Wichita, not the state of Kansas.
    If I’m not mistaken, what is good for Wichita is good for Kansas and often vice versa. That’s why the governor got involved with negotiations.

Leave a comment:

• shocker_torero
    replied
    I couldn’t let this one slip... the Kansas Keepers. Connection to Delano, Wichita, and arguably the most iconic thing in Wichita to visitors and locals alike. That would make for some pretty sweet swag too.

Leave a comment:

• SHOCKvalue
    replied
    I like Trail Riders. Goes well with the old west history and the Chisholm Trail.

I would be surprised if the name ended up as “Kansas” as opposed to “Wichita”. All this work has been done, and is being done, in order to elevate the city of Wichita, not the state of Kansas.

Leave a comment:

• ShockBand
    replied
    Originally posted by shocker_torero View Post
    Ban me for life if you want, but I too don't want to see a name that has anything to do with the aircraft industry. Like the team in Des Moines, I personally think naming the team the Kansas _____ might be better than the Wichita ______. Why? Make it someone's team who doesn't feel personally connected to Wichita (say western or south eastern Kansas folks) too, while maintaining Wichita fans and pride.

Wichita or Kansas Coyotes
    Wichita or Kansas Trail Riders
    Wichita or Kansas Yellowjackets
    Wichita or Kansas Gunslingers
    Kansas Ghost Riders

Leave a comment:

• shocker_torero
    replied
    Ban me for life if you want, but I too don't want to see a name that has anything to do with the aircraft industry. Like the team in Des Moines, I personally think naming the team the Kansas _____ might be better than the Wichita ______. Why? Make it someone's team who doesn't feel personally connected to Wichita (say western or south eastern Kansas folks) too, while maintaining Wichita fans and pride.

Wichita or Kansas Coyotes
    Wichita or Kansas Trail Riders
    Wichita or Kansas Yellowjackets
    Wichita or Kansas Gunslingers

Leave a comment:

• Dark Lord
    replied
    It has to be built for potential growth. What kind of soulless bastard would do otherwise?

The Fish are rebuilding, so in a couple of years they should have an OK stockpile of young guys.

Leave a comment:

• Shock Top
    commented on 's reply
    Wish we could switch club affiliations with just about anyone of these cities, but I suppose we just have to hope new ownership will do wonders for the Marlins.

• WstateU
    commented on 's reply

• Rocky Mountain Shock
    commented on 's reply
    No worries, you're good. But by all means, if I ever get my facts messed up call me on it.
Working...
X