No announcement yet.

KC Chiefs Preseason Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't been impressed but the Chiefs weren't impressive in pre-season last year either. This has been a weird year for pre-season football. We'll find out soon enough.

Comment

I have never seen a head coach fired for the preseason performance. And I have never seen a probowl quarterback who lost his job the following preseason. These are not games. It is important to remember that these are nothing but glorified scrimmages. The only reason thing coaches use them for is getting the first team a couple game like situations and evaluation of players trying to make the team.

Everyone tuned out after the defense gave up two touchdowns. After that, the offense looked pretty sharp. I could see why Todd is so high on Urban. I could also see why he went after Breaston. DBowe is not in the same form the ended the season in... yet. And rookie Baldwin made one mistake and everyone cries foul.

I may be pumping sunshine, but unlike so many, I realize the importance of the preseason and I have not seen anything to go ahead and discount the entire season. The team has yet to prove themselves but they haven't disproven themselves either.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock
        I have never seen a head coach fired for the preseason performance.
        I don't think the anonymous NFL official was implying that Haley was going to get fired over preseason. He was predicting that Chiefs were going to have such a bad year that he would be fired at the end of the season.

And I have never seen a probowl quarterback who lost his job the following preseason.
        I don't think anybody is implying Cassel is at risk of losing his job, they are implying that Cassel does not have the poise, confidence and ability that one would expect of a pro-bowl QB.

Tony Romo 26-37 70%
        Ben Rothlisberger 21-31 68%
        Aaron Rodgers 34-43 79%
        Mat Stafford 24-31 77%

ther there is

Matt Cassell 12-22 44%

These are not games. It is important to remember that these are nothing but glorified scrimmages.
        I agree, that is why you don't worry about the outcome and you are looking at the individual level. Regardless of whether you are winning or losing these guys are fighting for a starting position or even a roster spot so would hope to see some potential out there.

I could see why Todd is so high on Urban.
        I didn't and still don't. I don't see him amounting to anything.

I could also see why he went after Breaston.
        I though and still think Breaston is a good pickup relative to the other WR on the team.

DBowe is not in the same form the ended the season in... yet. And rookie Baldwin made one mistake and everyone cries foul.[/quote]

Well, when you expend a 1st round pick on guy you hope you get some production from him. Not that he will get into a fight and miss the pre-season that he desperately needs to play.

I may be pumping sunshine, but unlike so many, I realize the importance of the preseason and I have not seen anything to go ahead and discount the entire season. The team has yet to prove themselves but they haven't disproven themselves either.
        Have you seen anything yet that gives you hope?

Comment

Actually yes. There was a sighting of the 2010 chiefs offense in the game against the rams.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock
            Actually yes. There was a sighting of the 2010 chiefs offense in the game against the rams.
            really? you say team performance doesn't matter in preseason, then you try and point to team performance? Chiefs offense starts with running the football. Chiefs ran the ball 20 times for 58 yards for 2.9 avg. Or maybe you meant they were sighted on the video replay board during the half time retrospective show?

Can you point to some players who you are seeing during training camp or preseason play that have demonstrated they are improving significantly, looking like they will have breakout year, and/or demonstrating they were a good addition to the team?

Comment

Reread my post

Comment

Ricky Stanzi looked pretty good I thought
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

It's going to be a very long season when the KC 1st teamers can't get the better of the other team's second, third and fourth stringers.....

Comment

Turnovers were the problem. Can't do that and win. Otherwise, they did some positive things and showed some positive signs. But if they give the ball away and throw interceptions for TD's (Palko), they won't win.

Comment

I pray that palko doesn make the team and we pick up some veteran qb from someone else's cut. Hell brodie Croyle is a better option than Palko.
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                      X