Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If a Messi kicks a goal in the woods and nobody's watching
    does it count ?
    For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
    - said no one ever...

Comment

• Kung Wu
      Kung Wu commented
      Editing a comment
      Ouch.

Tony Meola does a fantastic job commentating. Obscure fact: Kung Wu's soccer team lost to Meola's in a national championship game in NJ one year. He was a freaking stud. But he also had home field advantage big time. That's the bad news. The good news is our team was the defending champions, so we won the year before -- but I didn't play on the team when they won it all. :( Curse you Tony Meola!!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

This England vs Belgium game could be a monster. Possibly a top-5 game of the Cup.

Comment

• atlwsu
        atlwsu commented
        Editing a comment
        Belgum defense looked tough, did England get one shot on goal in the first half

• Kung Wu
        Kung Wu commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I have Belgium in the championship game. I think they will win this one. Neither team has a sense of urgency, so this game is not what it could have been had it been meaningful, unfortunately.

• Kung Wu
        Kung Wu commented
        Editing a comment
        Well ... that one wasn't that hard to predict for me. England showed no fight in the first half. Keep an eye on Belgium y'all.

Knock out stage!!

---

France beats Argentina
      Too close to call, because Argentina has been playing poorly, and France is mostly untested. I give the edge to France, but that's based on Argentina's performances.

Portugal beats Uruguay
      This could be a close match. I want Portugal to win, so my bias may be kicking in, but I really do think they will win this.

Spain knocks out Russia
      On neutral turf this is not a close match, but Russia has home field advantage and will make the most of it.

Croatia beats Denmark
      Probably by 2.

Brazil beats Mexico
      Should be entertaining. Mexico has a fast break and Brazil sucks at fast break defense. However Brazil has the talent to score just like Mexico. Brazil has the edge in my opinion. Potentially a wild game with several goals.

Belgium will beat Japan
      But Japan fights their butts off making this an interesting game.

Sweden beats Switzerland
      This one should be close and entertaining. I give the edge to Sweden.

England beats Colombia
      This one should also be close and entertaining. I give the edge to England though.

Comment

• Kung Wu
        Kung Wu commented
        Editing a comment
        It is very painful for me to knock Messi out this early, but his team just hasn't been performing well. Maybe they will get it going against France. I can certainly see a scenario where Colombia beats England.

• WuDrWu
        WuDrWu commented
        Editing a comment
        Possibly, but without James Rodriguez, I think unlikely. The power difference between the top half of the bracket and the bottom half is stunning.

Only Japan could be considered a 2nd tier side in the top half. However the bottom half is Spain.....and.........a disappointing English side? The Swiss?

• Kung Wu
        Kung Wu commented
        Editing a comment
        I think Belgium could go to the championship game, so for me, England being 2nd tier isn't really a knock on England -- they just aren't as good as one of the top two. I think we can say the same thing about Portugal, they are a great team but were in Spain's bracket.

Spain's discipline is off the charts. They can make mistakes, but you cannot question the discipline it takes to do what they do on possession. A coach's dream.

Comment

With 15 to go, I gotta say that Russia's defensive discipline has been outstanding too. They are staying compact and not falling into Spain's trap to draw them out. Should be a fun 20 minutes.

Comment

Rain does funny things. In my opinion it equalizes teams -- meaning the weaker team becomes stronger and the stronger team becomes weaker when it rains. If this goes to PKs it will be nail biting.

Comment

Welp. This is the absolute best scenario Russia could have dreamed up to have a chance to beat Spain. Here we go PKs in the rain!! Russia has a massive home crowd.

How will this end?!?

Comment

Two amazing saves!!! Well done Russia!

Comment

• This World Cup is straight crazy!

Comment

• I cant turn it off. I am a huge fan of Spain but watching the Russians celebrate is too fun. Underdogs make it through!

Comment

• I can't believe the quarters aren't even completely set and there is no Spain, Argentina, Portugal....and yes, no Germany. I suspect today will be very chalky, but if somehow the day Brazil celebrates Bahia Independence brings a victory for either Japan or Mexico (or by some miracle both) then this tourney will really be set on it's proverbial ear.

Comment

• This Mexico vs Brazil game could be a monster.

Comment

• The Mexicans are dirty as hell.

Comment

• Completely classless.

Comment

Working...
                        X