X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockBand
    Originally posted by BostonWu
    Originally posted by Snapshot9
    Actually, I miss Angelo's pizza. (and their Italian sausage and cheese manicotti).
    They used to be far and away the best in town. Now that distinction goes to DeFazio's, which is a poor man's Angelo's.

To each their own but how do I say this w/o trying to come across as an elitist?...some of you who think gambinos and papa murphys is good pizza need to venture out of Doodah. Try Chicago, anywhere in the Northeast, heck even Phoenix has unbelievable pizza.

This reminds me of Bostonians telling me where to find good New England bbq or Mexican...they just didn't have a good reference point.
    Keep in mind the thread is Wichita's Best Pizza, not Wichita's Best Pizza As Compared To Elsewhere. I think most of realize that the perceived "best" of certain fare varies greatly regionally.
    Excellent point. The thread isn't "America's Best Pizza", it's "Wichita's Best".

I think BostonWu needs to step off the pedestal and read your post again, and again, and again.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I used to say that the best pizza in Wichita was at the Asian buffet at Towne East. I was only half joking.

The last couple of times I've been there, the pizza hasn't been as good as it was a couple of years ago.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Aj's Sports bar used to have really good pizza. I'm not sure how they are these days though.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
          Actually, I miss Angelo's pizza. (and their Italian sausage and cheese manicotti).
          They used to be far and away the best in town. Now that distinction goes to DeFazio's, which is a poor man's Angelo's.

To each their own but how do I say this w/o trying to come across as an elitist?...some of you who think gambinos and papa murphys is good pizza need to venture out of Doodah. Try Chicago, anywhere in the Northeast, heck even Phoenix has unbelievable pizza.

This reminds me of Bostonians telling me where to find good New England bbq or Mexican...they just didn't have a good reference point.
          Keep in mind the thread is Wichita's Best Pizza, not Wichita's Best Pizza As Compared To Elsewhere. I think most of realize that the perceived "best" of certain fare varies greatly regionally.
          Excellent point. The thread isn't "America's Best Pizza", it's "Wichita's Best".

I think BostonWu needs to step off the pedestal and read your post again, and again, and again.
          I'm gonna start a "Best tractor in Manhattan" thread. For me it's the Ford 9N -- what a classic!
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu
            Originally posted by ShockerFever

I'm gonna start a "Best tractor in Manhattan" thread. For me it's the Ford 9N -- what a classic!
            :D 8)
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Hey now, don't be knockin the tractors. I have a 73 Case-David Brown 990, a 50s M on the way along with an Allis One-Seventy and an International backhoe. Oh yeah, and my dad has an 8n, my grandpa has an old B, and my uncle has too many classic JDs to count.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I have a John Deere D-120.

Sum batch has 21 horses and headlights! But the best feature is the built-in cupholder!

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                  I used to say that the best pizza in Wichita was at the Asian buffet at Towne East. I was only half joking.

The last couple of times I've been there, the pizza hasn't been as good as it was a couple of years ago.
                  It could be, being 2 years older, that your taste buds aren't what they used to be. :yes:

Comment

K-Mart in the freezer has some great pizza.
                    Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Originally posted by shock
                      Hey now, don't be knockin the tractors. I have a 73 Case-David Brown 990, a 50s M on the way along with an Allis One-Seventy and an International backhoe. Oh yeah, and my dad has an 8n, my grandpa has an old B, and my uncle has too many classic JDs to count.
                      Oooh, an 8n! Sounds like you guys have quite the collection!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu
                        Oooh, an 8n! Sounds like you guys have quite the collection!
                        I,2,3, "She thinks my tractor's sexy
                        It really turns her on
                        She's always staring at me
                        While I'm chuggin along
                        She likes the way it's pullin' while we're tillin' up the land
                        She's even kind of crazy 'bout my farmer's tan
                        She's the only one who really understands what gets me
                        She thinks my tractor's sexy"
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Casey has surprisingly good pizza as well
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Hey, what would be a really good but inexpensive used tractor for a 2 acre yard?

Comment

What are you going to do with it? If you are wanting a small tractor, kabota seems to be nice, or you can find small ford tractors everywhere. If you are wanting a glorified lawn mower, john deere or cub cadet are good. I wouldn't go with any cheap chinese lawnmowers though. It all depends on what you are wanting to do with it.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                              X