Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
    Bartellis at Central and Maize.
    this thread should have been closed after this.

But with that said Pacific Coast Pizza out east is pretty good as well.

Comment

MADROCKS in Derby has the best pizza in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
        Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
        Originally posted by BostonWu
        I'll be honest, ICT is not a haven for good pizza...now BBQ, burgers, steaks are another story.
        Burgers questionable. Pizza terrible. Middle of the road BBQ in ICT would have blocks long lines in thea west. Wichita is also a great place for sandwiches. You don't think Artichoke or Cinnamons is anything special until you find out the hard way. Good Lebanese food too.
        I've eaten BBQ at "famous" places featured on the travel channel or food network in KC, St. Louis, etc. Places with lines over a hour long. I have been terribly disappointed EVERY time. The worst places in Wichita are usually better.
        The joints featured on TV are some of KC's worst BBQ- try Jackstack, Smokestack, Jake edwards or Smokehouse 8)
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
          I'll be honest, ICT is not a haven for good pizza...now BBQ, burgers, steaks are another story.
          Burgers questionable. Pizza terrible. Middle of the road BBQ in ICT would have blocks long lines in thea west. Wichita is also a great place for sandwiches. You don't think Artichoke or Cinnamons is anything special until you find out the hard way. Good Lebanese food too.
          I've eaten BBQ at "famous" places featured on the travel channel or food network in KC, St. Louis, etc. Places with lines over a hour long. I have been terribly disappointed EVERY time. The worst places in Wichita are usually better.
          The joints featured on TV are some of KC's worst BBQ- try Jackstack, Smokestack, Jake edwards or Smokehouse 8)
          Oklahoma Joes is my personal favorite
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

D'Mario's in Cheney is AWESOME!!
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

.. and it reminds me of Pizza John's in Derby which is also AWESOME!!
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Jackstack is terrible, I will take Hog Wild over Jackstack any day of the week.
                Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Bartelli's sho nuff
                  Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Knolla's has a killer lunch special with a deep dish personal size pizza, a small order of their fresh bread sticks, and a drink for like $6. Just can't beat that. I can put away some groceries, and it's plenty for me. Solid stuff too.

All I'll join the list of the pizza non-elite by saying I really do enjoy Papa Murphys. Pizza is a simple product, and PM's style/consistency of dough used for the crusts, combined with the sheer volume of toppings usually lathered on, makes for a good time. The fact that there's one near almost everyone, you make it fresh at home in all of 6-8 minutes, and they usually cost less than $10, just seals the deal.

Ironically, with all of the WSU and Wichita connections to Pizza Hut, I think their product is TERRIBLE, and overpriced. Seriously last on my list. Their deep dish is nothing but greasy sponge with an odd texture. Their pan is literally almost a self-rising take and bake from the grocery store. And the thin is like a cracker with the bare minimum of cheese and toppings to qualify as a "pizza." Pure junk product riding on past name recognition.

Oh, and you guys can keep your high-dollar niche pizza joints. When I think of spending coin on a meal out, pizza is not something that crosses my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker
                      Jackstack is terrible, I will take Hog Wild over Jackstack any day of the week.
                      Totally and respectfully disagree! 8)
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

+ 1. This is about as close as it comes to the real deals out east. They put out some good pies.

I also don't mind Knolla's although it seems like I don't eat there as often as I should.

Gambino's in Colwich is pretty good too. I think they have one in Garden Plain too, although I'm not sure as I've never eaten at that one. I assume it's the same affiliation.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Actually, I miss Angelo's pizza. (and their Italian sausage and cheese manicotti).

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                            + 1. This is about as close as it comes to the real deals out east. They put out some good pies.

I also don't mind Knolla's although it seems like I don't eat there as often as I should.

Gambino's in Colwich is pretty good too. I think they have one in Garden Plain too, although I'm not sure as I've never eaten at that one. I assume it's the same affiliation.
                            Gambino's is great. I would eat at the one in Great Bend all the time. Love Knollas, also.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                              Oklahoma Joes is my personal favorite
                              Z-man and a tank of gas!
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

The Gambinos in Towanda is pretty good. Can't say the same for the one in El Dorado. I believe my sister also likes to one in Winfield, but I've never had that one.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X