No announcement yet.

Wichita's Best Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one one winfield is great too. There used to be one in Marulion, iirc.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Though it isn't around here, the Opie's Pizza in Girard was surprisingly good. Similar to Knolla's quality with a bit thinner crust (which I like) a little lighter on the toppings, and a little heavier on the topping cheese. Not as good as pizza back east (duh), but if you're ever in Girard and need to eat its worth a visit.
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

We had a Gambino's in Buhler for awhile. I really miss having one just a few blocks away. Pretty good for a small chain. There's a nice Italian restaurant in downtown Hutch called Jillian's that has a wood-fired pizza oven. I haven't had their pizza yet but hear it's pretty good.

There were a bunch of tweets a couple weeks ago about a "four corners" Chicago-style pizza joint going into the Delano district later this coming winter.

Comment

Dillons in andover has pretty good hand made pizza
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock
            I had no idea they sold any pizza that wasn't frozen.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I miss Big Cheese Pizza.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                Originally posted by shock
                I had no idea they sold any pizza that wasn't frozen.
                They have a brick open faced oven. A lot of other stuff like a full sushi bar.

Comment

I know all about the sushi bar. Just don't travel much farther than that there. Dillons isn't where I do most of my shopping. I'd rather save money.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

A new place that should open up in a few days to try their pizza is Wichita Brewing at 13th and Tyler. They have a wood-fired brick pizza oven.

Comment

I recently tried Po Boy Pizza off of Lincoln and Edgemore. Thier pizza rolls are delicious and a great value at 5 bucks. They are huge too!
                      Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

I'd tend to disagree with some people on here. I think there's some good pizza in Wichita.

It obviously isn't comparable to the likes of something you could find in New York or Chicago as much as places in Wichita want to try. But there are still some good choices here
                        ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                        www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                          Actually, I miss Angelo's pizza. (and their Italian sausage and cheese manicotti).
                          They used to be far and away the best in town. Now that distinction goes to DeFazio's, which is a poor man's Angelo's.

To each their own but how do I say this w/o trying to come across as an elitist?...some of you who think gambinos and papa murphys is good pizza need to venture out of Doodah. Try Chicago, anywhere in the Northeast, heck even Phoenix has unbelievable pizza.

This reminds me of Bostonians telling me where to find good New England bbq or Mexican...they just didn't have a good reference point.

Comment

Bbq is one thing but pizza is just... pizza. That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                              Actually, I miss Angelo's pizza. (and their Italian sausage and cheese manicotti).
                              They used to be far and away the best in town. Now that distinction goes to DeFazio's, which is a poor man's Angelo's.

To each their own but how do I say this w/o trying to come across as an elitist?...some of you who think gambinos and papa murphys is good pizza need to venture out of Doodah. Try Chicago, anywhere in the Northeast, heck even Phoenix has unbelievable pizza.

This reminds me of Bostonians telling me where to find good New England bbq or Mexican...they just didn't have a good reference point.
                              Keep in mind the thread is Wichita's Best Pizza, not Wichita's Best Pizza As Compared To Elsewhere. I think most of realize that the perceived "best" of certain fare varies greatly regionally.
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand
                                Originally posted by BostonWu

Keep in mind the thread is Wichita's Best Pizza, not Wichita's Best Pizza As Compared To Elsewhere. I think most of realize that the perceived "best" of certain fare varies greatly regionally.
                                Good point. Pizza John's, Derby FTW.
                                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                                X