Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Saturday though, it's over.

Say bye bye to the heat.

We may not get much rain with the cool down, but it certainly should stay comfortable to cool for a while.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1
      After Saturday though, it's over.

Say bye bye to the heat.

We may not get much rain with the cool down, but it certainly should stay comfortable to cool for a while.
      :thewave: :thewave: :thewave:

Comment

• Props to SB for calling the record out over 2 months ago.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
          Props to SB for calling the record out over 2 months ago.
          it would have probably been funner having a run of some good T-Storms or a couple inland hurricanes to talk about but i guess you take what you can get.

100 Degree Days as of: 09/01/2011

May: 1
          June: 11
          July: 24
          August: 15
          Sept:

100 Degree Day Streaks
          Longest Streak - Summer: 10
          Current Streak - Now: 3

Total Days - 51

Comment

• The lack of thunderstorm activity certainly has made it a boring summer for sure.

Unless yesterday was August 32nd, I think you can take away a day from August and add one to September.. ;-)
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The lack of thunderstorm activity certainly has made it a boring summer for sure.

Unless yesterday was August 32nd, I think you can take away a day from August and add one to September.. ;-)
              You are correct. Fitting That I made that mistake since every day seems like a day in august. It will fix it when we hit 100 today. :)

Comment

• It took a while this afternoon, but pad another day in the books..

It looks like 53 is going to be the new number to race to.

We all are so used to this misery, it's gonna be downright strange to see what upper 70 highs and lower 50 lows feel like.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

We all are so used to this misery, it's gonna be downright strange to see what upper 70 highs and lower 50 lows feel like.
                  No doubt.

I was sitting outside the other morning about 6AM with my furry child, and it hit me that the temperature I was feeling at the butt-crack of dawn was roughly similar - if not higher - than the high temps we'll see in a few days.

Made the prospect of another 100-some-odd-degree day seem more tolerable.

Bring on fricken hoodie weather. I want to go outside and do something even slightly physical, without having to completely change clothes when I come back inside.

Comment

• 100 Degree Days as of: 09/02/2011

May: 1
                    June: 11
                    July: 24
                    August: 14
                    Sept: 2

100 Degree Day Streaks
                    Longest Streak - Summer: 10
                    Current Streak - Now: 4

Total Days - 52

Comment

• Should see lows in the High 40's Monday Night-Tuesday morning.

Comment

• With the 100° we had on Saturday, it looks like we'll end up with 53 days.

Some other facts from https://nwschat.weather.gov/p.php?pi...-NOUS43-PNSICT

THE AVERAGE JUNE THROUGH AUGUST 2011 TEMPERATURE (AVERAGE OF EACH DAILY HIGH AND LOW TEMPERATURE) RECORDED AT WICHITA MID-CONTINENT AIRPORT WAS 85.2 DEGREES. THIS TIED THE YEAR 1980 FOR THE 3RD HOTTEST AVERAGE SUMMER TEMPERATURE ON RECORD IN WICHITA (SINCE 1888). THE HOTTEST SUMMERS ON RECORD ARE 1936 AND 1934...WHEN THE AVERAGE SUMMER TEMPERATURE WAS 85.3 DEGREES.

HOWEVER...AVERAGING THE DAILY HIGH TEMPERATURES FOR JUNE THROUGH AUGUST YIELDS EVEN WARMER RESULTS. THE AVERAGE JUNE THROUGH AUGUST 2011 HIGH TEMPERATURE RECORDED AT MID-CONTINENT AIRPORT WAS 98.3 DEGREES...MAKING SUMMER 2011 THE HOTTEST SUMMER ON RECORD WHEN AVERAGING JUST THE DAILY HIGH TEMPERATURES. 2ND PLACE GOES TO THE SUMMER OF 1980...WHEN THE AVERAGE JUNE THROUGH AUGUST HIGH TEMPERATURE WAS 98.1 DEGREES.
                        Also from this same link, 2011 had 50 days after August 31, while 1936 had 47 days.

...THE AIR CAPITAL HAS RECORDED 50 DAYS THROUGH AUGUST 31ST WHERE THE THERMOMETER REACHED AT LEAST 100 DEGREES. THIS IS THE MOST 100-DEGREE DAYS...THROUGH AUGUST 31ST...ON RECORD. THE YEAR 1936 IS A CLOSE 2ND...WITH 47 DAYS AT OR ABOVE 100 DEGREES THROUGH AUGUST 31ST.

Comment

• Though it may get hot again, high 80's to low 90's we just won't see 100 heat again, at least for the next two weeks.

Comment

• Already 54 here with a dewpoint of 42 and no winds, with another 5-6 hours of pure radiational cooling should get down to 46 or so.

Mid Continent still reporting at 65, though, but we always get cooler out here on 16 open acres of land than anywhere in town.

Comment

Working...
                            X