Mitchell Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitchell Report

Unfortunately, former Shocker Mike Lansing was named.

Mike Lansing
    Mike Lansing played as an infielder in Major League Baseball from 1993 to 2001 with the Montreal Expos (5 seasons), Colorado Rockies (3 seasons), and Boston Red Sox (parts
    of 2 seasons). According to Radomski, he was introduced to Lansing by David Segui while
    Segui and Lansing played together with the Expos. Radomski recalled that he engaged in four to five “small transactions” with Lansing. Radomski said that Lansing was familiar with testosterone and “knew exactly what he wanted.” Radomski produced two $1,000 money orders from Lansing, retrieved from his bank, made payable to Radomski; both were dated February 5, 2002. Both are included in the Appendix; one is shown below. Radomski stated that this payment was for testosterone and one kit of human growth hormone.
    During During the search of Radomski’s residence, an undated, partial shipping label was seized with Lansing’s name on it and a Colorado address. We have confirmed that Lansing resided at this address when he played with the Rockies. Lansing’s name, with an address and two telephone numbers, is listed in the address book seized from Radomski’s residence by
    federal agents. In order to provide Lansing with information about these allegations and to give him an opportunity to respond, I asked him to meet with me. He did not respond to my request.

-- There is also a picture of a check from Lansing to Radomski --
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Roger Clemens, Any Petite and Miguel Tejada are in it too. I've been waiting for this report like a kid on X-mas morning!

Comment

Besides new and current Royal, Jose Guillen, a few ex-Royals:

Paul Byrd
        Benito Santiago
        Hal Morris
        Rondell White
        Chuck Knobloch
        Jason Grimsley
        Greg Zaun
        Phil Hiatt
        Kevin Young

Comment

Yeah, I'm thrilled that the Astro's recently acquired Tejada. :sarcasm:

:-x

Comment

Originally posted by TxShox

yeah, the Astros are going to fall into the Abyss.

/oh, wait. :D

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog
              Originally posted by TxShox

yeah, the Astros are going to fall into the Abyss.

/oh, wait. :D
              They're not called the Lastro's for nuttin' :D

Comment

So now the reason behind the David Justice-Halle Berry divorce. Roid Rage caused him to beat her.

sad sad sad

Comment

still it's Halle Berry, and I didn't know this but she's 41

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDorian
                    Does that really matter?

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                      Originally posted by JohnDorian
                      Does that really matter?
                      In Halle Berry's case ..................NO

Comment

What exact rule of baseball did Mike Lansing break?
                        Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

I don't know that Lansing broke a baseball rule, but what he did do was illegal.

Does baseball need a "rule" to also cover all illegal activity? I suspect somewhere in the contracts and union bargaining agreements there is/are clause(s) regarding legal and illegal activity. That should be enough to get most of these players punished, EXCEPT for the fact that they owners are as guilty as the players!

Comment

Originally posted by mattdalt
                            I don't know that Lansing broke a baseball rule, but what he did do was illegal.

Does baseball need a "rule" to also cover all illegal activity? I suspect somewhere in the contracts and union bargaining agreements there is/are clause(s) regarding legal and illegal activity. That should be enough to get most of these players punished, EXCEPT for the fact that they owners are as guilty as the players!

I didn't watch much of ESPN's 24 hours of coverage of this thing, but I don't think there's enough evidence to punish most of them for anything.

Comment

The best hitter & the best pitcher in this era of baseball, are now both accused of steroids. Roger Clemens doesn't suprise me at all. I always thought there would be pitchers accused of it, how do these guys arms not go out!?

Comment

Working...
                              X