Mitchell Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt
    I don't know that Lansing broke a baseball rule, but what he did do was illegal.
    Please share with us the information that you have that proves his guilt.

I would like to see it.

:D
    There were copies of checks and money orders that he sent to the drug dealer. The drug dealer said it was used for the drugs. Pretty illegal if he did buy them.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt
      I don't know that Lansing broke a baseball rule, but what he did do was illegal.
      Please share with us the information that you have that proves his guilt.

I would like to see it.

:D
      This pretty much does, but the entire report seems to be a little pathetic:

Mike Lansing
      Mike Lansing played as an infielder in Major League Baseball from 1993 to 2001 with the Montreal Expos (5 seasons), Colorado Rockies (3 seasons), and Boston Red Sox (parts
      of 2 seasons). According to Radomski, he was introduced to Lansing by David Segui while
      Segui and Lansing played together with the Expos. Radomski recalled that he engaged in four to five “small transactions” with Lansing. Radomski said that Lansing was familiar with testosterone and “knew exactly what he wanted.” Radomski produced two $1,000 money orders from Lansing, retrieved from his bank, made payable to Radomski; both were dated February 5, 2002. Both are included in the Appendix; one is shown below. Radomski stated that this payment was for testosterone and one kit of human growth hormone.
      During the search of Radomski’s residence, an undated, partial shipping label was seized with Lansing’s name on it and a Colorado address. We have confirmed that Lansing resided at this address when he played with the Rockies. Lansing’s name, with an address and two telephone numbers, is listed in the address book seized from Radomski’s residence by federal agents. In order to provide Lansing with information about these allegations and to give him an opportunity to respond, I asked him to meet with me. He did not respond to my request.

-- Having shipping labels, this testimony and those checks addressed to a known drug dealer is probably enough to prove guilt. The funny thing is, however, that the checks were dated in 2002, after Mike played his last game in the Majors. Looks like he was just trying to get an edge to make it back. The drugs didn't work though, he only hit .245 in 24 games in AAA in 2002, then called it a career.
      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
      X