Dick Enberg passed away. OH MY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dick Enberg passed away. OH MY!

Very sad to hear this news! He was such an iconic voice in sports.

Hearing this news reminded of this ShockerNet story from 2010...

Originally posted by Capitol Shock View Post
    I took my 4 year old son to St. Louis with me. He thinks the elevator is the best thing ever invented. So after having the elevator all to himself for two days, my three daughters and wife show up Saturday night.

Sunday morning we all jump into our shocker apparel and go have breakfast in the hotel restaurant. After all four of my kids load up on sugar and chocolate milk we all load into the elevator to go back to the room. At the last possible second, a 80 year old guy gets on the elevator with us.

As soon as the doors of the elevator close, an all out war breaks out with all of my kids fighting over who gets to push the buttons on the elevator. A couple of my kids were pushed into the man and to the floor and my four year old managed to push the buttons for nearly every floor of the hotel in the span of about three seconds.

The old man stood quietly facing the door and I apologized from behind him as I tried to separate my kids. I heard him say "It's okay, I had six of them." He turned around to look at me and I realized it was Dick Enberg.

Of course my wife was completely clueless until we got to the room and I asked her if she recognized the old guy in the elevator. When I told her who it was she said, "Oh $hi+"!

My brother called me at half time and I told him that we were sitting on row 4 behind Mike Kennedy and he told me that Dick Enberg wasn't to complementary of our team on the TV broadcast. I told him that I think I may know why.

Just another awesome memory from the Lou.

78-65

In my eyes the greatest sports broadcaster on the planet. He transcended all sports and all broadcast eras. May he RIP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
      In my eyes the greatest sports broadcaster on the planet. He transcended all sports and all broadcast eras. May he RIP!!!
      People in heaven are in for a real treat!
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
      X