St. Louis Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Louis Story

I took my 4 year old son to St. Louis with me. He thinks the elevator is the best thing ever invented. So after having the elevator all to himself for two days, my three daughters and wife show up Saturday night.

Sunday morning we all jump into our shocker apparel and go have breakfast in the hotel restaurant. After all four of my kids load up on sugar and chocolate milk we all load into the elevator to go back to the room. At the last possible second, a 80 year old guy gets on the elevator with us.

As soon as the doors of the elevator close, an all out war breaks out with all of my kids fighting over who gets to push the buttons on the elevator. A couple of my kids were pushed into the man and to the floor and my four year old managed to push the buttons for nearly every floor of the hotel in the span of about three seconds.

The old man stood quietly facing the door and I apologized from behind him as I tried to separate my kids. I heard him say "It's okay, I had six of them." He turned around to look at me and I realized it was Dick Enberg.

Of course my wife was completely clueless until we got to the room and I asked her if she recognized the old guy in the elevator. When I told her who it was she said, "Oh $hi+"!

My brother called me at half time and I told him that we were sitting on row 4 behind Mike Kennedy and he told me that Dick Enberg wasn't to complementary of our team on the TV broadcast. I told him that I think I may know why.

Just another awesome memory from the Lou.

Great story! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Hahaha! Good read!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Considering Dick Enberg couldn't actually figure out which team was which and who was on which team (at all. The entire game.), I wouldn't really hold it against him that he wasn't too complimentary. I doubt he knew what he was saying.
        There are nights when I think that Sal Paradise was right.

Comment

LOL ...thanks man thats really funny.

Did anyone else run into the traffic jam on 70 after the game...not sure exactly where that big hill was but I think it was before Columbia...had the Uhaul trailor side ways in the middle of the road...All I saw when it happened was semis on the right and white smoke pouring out of the tires and everyone in the left lane braking hard and veering left
          1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

We experienced the traffic jam. And when we finally made it through, all that was there was the uhaul trailer on the side of the road.
            Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
            Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

yeah we got held up by the run-away U-Haul as well.
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by WSUShokker

Did anyone else run into the traffic jam on 70 after the game...not sure exactly where that big hill was but I think it was before Columbia...had the Uhaul trailor side ways in the middle of the road...All I saw when it happened was semis on the right and white smoke pouring out of the tires and everyone in the left lane braking hard and veering left
                Welcome to my World :roll: ,, I-70 in Mo should be called Gladiator driving experience

Great story Capitol , thanks :good:
                From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

+4, but we walked straight out of the arena to our car and we were off, so we probably weren't as delayed as others.

Originally posted by Jeffrey Korchek
                  Considering Dick Enberg couldn't actually figure out which team was which and who was on which team (at all. The entire game.), I wouldn't really hold it against him that he wasn't too complimentary. I doubt he knew what he was saying.
                  I watched the TV coverage of the game for the first time last night. Of course I turned it off when our scoring stopped..didn't want to relive that again. But did find it a little annoying that he didn't have a clue which team was which.

Comment

Originally posted by OTR Shockfan

Welcome to my World :roll: ,, I-70 in Mo should be called Gladiator driving experience

I saw the warning about "Hit a Construction Worker" "$10,000.00 Fine"
                    and thought my god is that all a construction worker is worth!?! I think the involuntary manslaughter charges might be at the top of your list, kissing your 20's and 30's goodbye...not to mention how many drunk drivers have 10,000.00 cash to a pay out.
                    1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
                      yeah we got held up by the run-away U-Haul as well.

Comment

This is exactly why I have to sit between the boys at every game -

Sunday I had to tell the 11 year old at least a half dozen times to stop yelling These refs suck ;-)

Comment

and thought my god is that all a construction worker is worth!?! I think the involuntary manslaughter charges might be at the top of your list, kissing your 20's and 30's goodbye...not to mention how many drunk drivers have 10,000.00 cash to a pay out.
                          Those are all over Springfield, whether it's a construction site or not. :roll:

Comment

I want to know who gets the 10K.
                            “Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.”
                            John Wayne

Comment

Great story! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                              X