Shocks at South Dakota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks at South Dakota

South Dakota beat Santa Clara by 17 last Tuesday and lost to Creighton by 9 on Thursday both at home.

Shocks beat Santa Clara at home by 15 on Tuesday.

Should be a good test for the Shocks.

The Lady Shocks complete a forgettable weekend for the Shocks as they are unable to find much offense in a 57-47 loss to South Dakota.

Haleigh came on strong in the 2nd half to finish with 14 points and 7 rebounds but received little help. Chynna scored 6 of the Shocks first 8 points but was ineffective the rest of the way scoring only 2 more and fouling out of the game while playing only 16 minutes. Morgan and Jessica combined for 2 - 15 from the field. The Shocks hit just 2 of their 12 trey attempts. Heather only played 4 minutes and did not attmept a shot which seems kind of odd considering no one else other than Haleigh was doing much offensively.

The Shocks turned the ball over 18 times to 13 for SD.

The Shocks committed 21 fouls to 11 for SD. Both teams shot only 60% from the line but SD had 25 attempts to 5 for the Shocks.

At this point the Shocks are playing well below my expectations.

Comment

Another team that just looks fantastic of late.

I listened to half of this game. I would have been better off giving myself a colonoscopy, and it would have been more fun.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
        Another team that just looks fantastic of late.

I listened to half of this game. I would have been better off giving myself a colonoscopy, and it would have been more fun.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:
        They have practically been on their hands and knees begging Shocker fans to come out to the women's games. All the freebies in the world will not help if the product on the court makes fans want to give themselves a colonoscopy or remove an infected tooth with the blade of a skate and a rock.

You are not going to have the athleticism on display at the women's game that you have at the men's game. Therefore, if you want fans to come out then you not only need to win but you need to play clean, smart, team oriented basketball (pretty basketball) or you better have a superstar ala Jackie Stiles.

Comment

Working...
        X