Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU v Indiana

Hmmmm.....

4-1 IU was tied with the Shox at 29 at halftime and the Lady Shockers were down just 1 with less than 6 minutes left before sucumbing to the Hoosiers 64-54.

Not sure what to take from this except that the ladies are capable of competing with some bsc teams.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Indiana lost to Wake 55-53 yesterday. Wake beat A & M today.

Some things you just cannot explain.

Btw, the Indiana website has the Shockers winning 64-54. :yahoo:

Comment

Looking at the box scores it looks like they are still turning the ball over a ton this year. Hard to win many games with 20-30 TO's a game.

They did do better against Wake (15)

Comment

Just getting caught up on the PJ results.

I guess a positive to take from this weekend was the Shocks came back from a drubbing by Texas A&M to at least be competitive with Indiana and Wake Forest (who beat Texas A&M and won the tournament).

Looks like Daria Frazier may have been the most consistent of the Shocks offensively.

Jenn DeGarmo with 13 points in 20 minutes against Indiana may give a glimpse of her upside.

I assume Whitney's leg's were bothering her as I see she only played 9 minutes against Texas A&M and none in the other 2 games.

Obviously the team is offensively challenged at this point, averaging only 50.8 points per game. While I think they have improved defensively, they have not improved enough to win a lot of games scoring 51 points.

The 54 turnovers against Texas A&M and Indiana doesn't sound good, however, the 15 against Wake Forest was pretty solid.

I couple of substantially easier home games against Nicholls State and Western Illinois on the agenda. Hopefully, the Shocks can gain a little bit of confidence on the offensive end before traveling to Stillwater to face the Cowgirls.

With the weak home schedule and the strong road schedule in this year's preseason it may be tough to get a handle on how this team will stack up in the MVC.

Comment

I listened to a good portion of the Indiana game and the gals hung in there very well until they started turning the ball over.

Comment

Working...
          X