WBB faces #11 Texas A&M on Thanksgiving Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBB faces #11 Texas A&M on Thanksgiving Day

Texas A&M is the defending Big 12 Conference champion and the pre-season pick by the coaches to win this years title. They are ranked #11 in the AP and #10 in the USAToday-ESPN Coaches poll.

Expecting a win is not realistic here but Shockers look to see if their defensive prowess so far this year can be carried over against a nationally ranked opponent.
    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

good opportunity for the lady shox! :goshocks:

Comment

They nearly got doubled-up by aTm, losing 70-36.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
        They nearly got doubled-up by aTm, losing 70-36.
        The shocks actually played pretty good defense, but couldn't do anything on offense and aTm's athleticism created a lot of turnovers.

WSU held aTm to 39% from the field, and 37 of aTm's 70 points came off turnovers. Clearly our defense is way ahead of our offense right now.

I think I have just about as much trouble trying to figure out what a game like this means as I do trying to figure out what a game against a really bad team like Texas Southern means. The reality is that aTm is one of the best teams in the country and we won't see anything close to that in conference play. Hopefully our lack of offense and turnovers were more about aTm being really good than us being bad, but only time will tell.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

The Shox had 30 turnovers for Pete's sakes. Jane needs to teach them how to dribble and keep ahold of the ball.

Did these girls play Jr. High and Sr. High ball?

Comment

Was this a buy-in game?

Comment

Code:
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              VISITORS: Wichita State 1-2
                                        TOT-FG  3-PT         REBOUNDS
              ## Player Name            FG-FGA FG-FGA FT-FTA OF DE TOT PF  TP  A TO BLK S MIN

03 Hoyt, Jacie......... g  1-5    0-0    0-0    0  2  2   1   2  0  7  0  0  23
              22 Steven, Taylor......    0-2    0-1    0-0    2  0  2   3   0  1  5  0  1  18
              23 Rice, Whitney.......    0-6    0-2    0-0    0  1  1   1   0  1  5  0  2   9

UGLY lines. Combined for 1-13 shooting and 2 assists to 17 turnovers. Isn't 5 turnovers in 9 minutes bad even by Rice's standards? I watched the women play at Shocker madness. I do not watch enough women's hoops to judge talent, so I honestly don't know what kind of talent we have. One thing that is common to all basketball, however, is basketball IQ. It was painfully obvious to me during the scrimmage that there is a very low IQ among this team, especially the guards where good decision making is essential. This season will be bad enough to get Jane fired. We will find out if that is a good thing.

Comment

They hired coach gillespie and turned the defense over to him, maybe now they need to hire a offensive coach, to complement him. The turnovers are SOP for Albright's teams, and so is lack of scoring. It's not the athlete's, there has to be a offensive problem, or lack of coaching, something.

Comment

Wake Forest downs Texas A&M 53-46.

I think this just goes to show the difference in talent between the big teams and the little teams at the Womens College Basketball Level.

Comment

Working...
                  X