No announcement yet.

First real test for WBB team this season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shock20times- I usually stay pretty quiet on this board but something about your post burns me... Have you ever heard of a player having a bad night? It happens, believe it or not. Michael Jordan had "bad nights" Larry Bird had "bad nights'' Im pretty sure no point guard playing at any level in D1 basketball would be put in the game if they dribbled the ball off their feet on a consistent basis. Now maybe you have not watched many games but the offense on this teams runs a lot better with Hoyt playing the point. She is a floor leader and a dynamic player. Steven is a good player but is not going to bring nearly what Jacie does. Coaches don't start players for personal reasons, they play them because the coaches know what system they run and who runs the system best. You are obviously not a coach so think before you speak.

Comment

So what your telling me is the team plays very well when Jacie is in the game?

MAYBE... SOMETIMES...

I know that when Whitney was in the game they made a significant comeback..and at a dead ball Jane throws in Jacie which then does not goes as well as planned because she commits 2 more turnovers...

I also think that Jacie does have potential... BUT... How long is that potential going to take to be put into something more useful? She is very quick and has a great eye on the court but you have to admit she is kinda out of control at times.. I agree too that she does make plays, but also again, those do not come as often as the bad things.. Time will tell and I definitely hope for the best for the whole team... I feel everyone on the team has something they need to work on just like any other team.. Best of luck to them and I will be rooting them on all season.. GO SHOCKERS!!

I hope that this does not burn you as bad as the last one...
      P.S. Also if they know how the system works and who works the system the best why did last year and the 2 years before that, when Jane played nearly everybody, the women shockers have not had a very successful season? Answer that for me COACH!!

Comment

Originally posted by shock20times
        So what your telling me is the team plays very well when Jacie is in the game?

MAYBE... SOMETIMES...

I know that when Whitney was in the game they made a significant comeback..and at a dead ball Jane throws in Jacie which then does not goes as well as planned because she commits 2 more turnovers...

I also think that Jacie does have potential... BUT... How long is that potential going to take to be put into something more useful? She is very quick and has a great eye on the court but you have to admit she is kinda out of control at times.. I agree too that she does make plays, but also again, those do not come as often as the bad things.. Time will tell and I definitely hope for the best for the whole team... I feel everyone on the team has something they need to work on just like any other team.. Best of luck to them and I will be rooting them on all season.. GO SHOCKERS!!

I hope that this does not burn you as bad as the last one...
        P.S. Also if they know how the system works and who works the system the best why did last year and the 2 years before that, when Jane played nearly everybody, the women shockers have not had a very successful season? Answer that for me COACH!!
        1. While I was thrilled by Whitney's game (4 assists and 0 to's) and hope she plays like that all year, it is downright stupid to use Whitney as an example in your argument. Whitney has had far more bad games with huge turnover numbers than Jacie has, so if you are willing to stick with her, then you should stand by Jacie as well.

2. What do you mean "how long is that potential going to take"? You can pretty much count on one hand the number of games she has played as a Shocker. If you are giving up on a player before they have even played a quarter or a season in their career, I don't really know how you stick with anyone.

3. Your closing argument actually contradicts the entire premise of your entire post. On the one hand, you claim that Whitney and Taylor (who have played the last couple of years) should play more than Jacie (who was injured early last year and is in her first year). On the other hand, you claim that our guard play over the last couple of seasons has been bad. Why would you want to play the guards that have not produced over the last couple of seasons instead of the guard with potential to produce?

The reality was that Jane wanted to play Jacie a lot last year, but she got injured early which forced us into the lineup we ran. The coaches knew last year that they wanted Jacie to play. Last year, injuries forced them into the lineup they had.

In addition, the offense we are running this year is different from the last several years, and it puts more emphasis on guards attacking the basket, which Jacie is very good at.

4. If Jacie is consistently struggling by the time conference play rolls around, we can have the discussion of how much playing time she should be getting legitimately, but doing it right now is just silly.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Thanks for the break down coach!

Reply to #:
          1. Said nothing about Whitney I was not saying who is better than who because they are two completely different players. I was saying it did not make sense that Jane would pull Whitney at that time, the time that she was on a roll and made a run, and put in Jacie... It is nothing against Jacie or Whitney but it is does not seem justifiable to pull a player that is on fire...

2. Well you have a point about this season and her not playing last season.. But she has played collegiate ball for the past three years which means she has 1-2 years left depending on eligibility... You were probably saying she has potential her freshmen year too huh..?! Somehow we got to pointing fingers at players which has never been my objective.. She did not play at all last season which means she has never played in any games at WSU.. So how can a coach start a player in the game which really has not played a game yet, over a player that has put in 3 solid years as a point guard?? I am just saying it may be best to work her into the line up and see how things go and not take the veteran player and sit her on the end of the bench like the past 3 years does not matter..

3. Let me just say Sir/Ma'am (to whom it may concern).. i was talking about the TEAM as a whole and not just the guards.. I was also talking about the subbing in and out with players and how there was no chemistry because of it... I did not mention anything about how well any specific position or player was playing... I think you need to go back to the drawing board before YOU speak...

To end I hope that none of the players struggle at all the rest of the season.. My whole point of these post is to say Jane has the talent and the right league to be in.. I think that it is her ability to play the players at the right time with the right teammates is what is hurting them the most.. I haev nothing against anyone on that team... I am sure that all of them are working very hard and not everyone can play... But I think Jane should maybe try to play to win a National Championship and not play to make friends with the players...

Enjoy yourself "COACH"...

Comment

The only thing that I can decipher from your posts is that you have a real problem with the head coach.

Just curious but are you a current or former player under her or related to one? You just seem awfully bitter and it comes across, to me at least, as personal.

Comment

Originally posted by shock20times
              2. Well you have a point about this season and her not playing last season.. But she has played collegiate ball for the past three years which means she has 1-2 years left depending on eligibility... You were probably saying she has potential her freshmen year too huh..?! Somehow we got to pointing fingers at players which has never been my objective.. She did not play at all last season which means she has never played in any games at WSU.. So how can a coach start a player in the game which really has not played a game yet, over a player that has put in 3 solid years as a point guard?? I am just saying it may be best to work her into the line up and see how things go and not take the veteran player and sit her on the end of the bench like the past 3 years does not matter..
              Completely wrong information about Jacie. Jacie went to Colby CC but was injured and missed the year and received a medical redshirt. She came to Wichita State (classified as a freshman by eligibility) and played seven games last year before injuring her ankle. She has applied for a second medical redshirt and the Shockers are still waiting to hear the outcome on that. If she receives it, she will be re-classified as a freshman this year and have a full four years of eligibility.

I love Taylor and Whitney and we will need both of them this year but the future of this program at point guard is clearly Jacie.
              The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Just a few quick comments:
                1) Shock20times objected to the timing of Jane putting Jacie in for Whitney against UTSA. I wonder if the timing had to do with Whitney's leg pain? I do know that she is playing with a lot of pain and has to miss portions of most practices and even some entire practices to rest the leg. Maybe Jane had to pull her for that reason?

2) Word on campus is that Jacie did get her 2nd medical redshirt from the NCAA and will be a Freshman this year.

3) Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

Working...
                X