Lady Shocks at Missouri State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Shocks at Missouri State

The Shocks play the DH of the season series with Missouri State today beginning at 5pm. The Bears are 8-4 in conference.

DH

Shocks should win both. Missouri State is very weak offensively.

Comment

Re: DH

Originally posted by 1B29

I'm not sure the Shocks "should" beat anyone right now, much less a team that has already beaten them at home, and has a 67% winning percentage in conference.

Comment

Shocks lead 4-0 after three and a half. This is way cool! We are beating Lauren Supak, our nemesis on their staff, and Breezy is doing the pitching!

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose
          Shocks lead 4-0 after three and a half. This is way cool! We are beating Lauren Supak, our nemesis on their staff, and Breezy is doing the pitching!
          I saw that, but didn't want to say anything for fear of jinxing the Ladies.

So I am going to have to do something to fix this. Ok here goes:

The Shocks will blow this game. They always do. They will find a way to screw it up. They have no chance.

That should do it.

;-)

Comment

The Shockers sweep, 5-1 and 5-3. Getting some hitting was a highlight and getting some good innings from Breezy in the first game was a highlight.

In the first game, Sammie and Kara had RBI doubles and Gert had a two-run homer. Kiersten also had a double and scored on a single by Sammie. Breezy had four solid innings, giving up an unearned run.

In the second game, Kara had another double (and Hayley had one), Lindsie had four hits, Gert had three and Jamie had a solo dinger. Katie started, but Kasha came on in the second and finished the game.

Comment

Kasha also pitched the final 3 innings of Game 1, so she pitched 9 very effective innings in the DH.

Good to see Kara starting to hit a little. She seemed to be struggling since the beaning she took earlier this season.

Big sweep for the Shocks. The really needed that.

:good:

Comment

Re: DH

Originally posted by WuDrWu

I'm not sure the Shocks "should" beat anyone right now, much less a team that has already beaten them at home, and has a 67% winning percentage in conference.
                Perhaps the worst prediction in history.

Comment

Missouri State

Again I will say it. Missouri State is horrible. Offensively horrible. Enough said.

Comment

Re: Missouri State

Again I will say it. Missouri State is horrible. Offensively horrible. Enough said.
                    Sorry, but most short-term readers of these threads will not be surprised by my response. You can say it, but can you demonstrate it?

Comment

How many teams make the MVC tourney?

Comment

RPI

Shocks are #136 on latest RPI index. Not going to help if they want in Regionals. Shocks will sweep at Evansville.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                          How many teams make the MVC tourney?
                          If they use the same setup as last year it is 8 teams. However, the bracket is somewhat unusual and rewards the higher finishers in the rgular season. It is a single-elimination format.

The #1 and #2 seeds get double-byes into the semi-finals.
                          The #3 and #4 seeds get a 1st round bye.

#5 plays #8 and #6 plays #7 in the first round.

The 5-8 winner plays #4 in the second round.
                          The 6-7 winner plays #3 in the second round.

The winner of the 5-8 vs 4 game plays #1 in the semi-finals.
                          The winner of the 6-7 vs 3 game plays #2 in the semi-finals.

Therefore, the bottom 4 seeds have to win four games to win the tournament.

The 3 and 4 seeds have to win 3 games to win.

The 1 and 2 seeds only have to win 2 games.

Obviously, a big advantage to the higher seeds. Not sure I am wild about single-elimination tournaments in Baseball/Softball but I actually like the top regular season finishers being rewarded.

Shocks lack of pitching depth does not bode well for them if they make the field.

BTW, the last and only time the Shocks won the MVC Tournament was in 1989. That was a good year to be a Shocker.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                            Shocks lack of pitching depth does not bode well for them if they make the field.
                            In a one-and-done bracket, you (typically) have to have a hot pitcher and ride her as far as you can. That is what Bradley, a #6 seed, did with Ashley Birdsong last year. She pitched all thirty innings of their four wins.

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                            BTW, the last and only time the Shocks won the MVC Tournament was in 1989. That was a good year to be a Shocker.
                            And they came out of the elimination bracket to win two games on the final day of the double-elimination tournament. :)

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose
                              In a one-and-done bracket, you (typically) have to have a hot pitcher and ride her as far as you can. That is what Bradley, a #6 seed, did with Ashley Birdsong last year. She pitched all thirty innings of their four wins.
                              Pooch has not really shown much inclination to use a pitcher like that but who knows. Maybe he is just trying to preserve Kasha's arm, hopefully do enough to get in the tournament field and then see how far she can take them in the tournament .

Comment

Working...
                              X