Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocks fall 5-1 in Game 1 with their only run coming on a home run by
    Hayley Temple in the bottom of the 7th.

Oltman with a complete game 5-hitter for Creighton.

Comment

Shocks fall behind by a 6-2 score after 2.5 innings in Game 2.

After struggling and allowing a run to the Shocks CU brings Oltman on in relief. Oltman struck out Lauren Coleman and Sannue Shook sturck out, but Jamie Hull drilled a 3-run homer to tie the game at 6 all after 3.

Katie started for the Shocks and gave up 5 runs in 2+ innings. Jamie relieved Katie in the top of the 3rd with no outs.

Comment

Creighton hits a two-run homer off Kasha off the left field fair pole mesh in the sixth and wins the second game, 8-6.

Regarding Tara Oltman and the IP issues: If our speculation about establishing a second "base" or "point of stability" is true, she is still doing it. It is entirely possible that Sally Walker or someone in the NCAA Umpiring hierarchy has said that that pitching motion should not be ruled illegal. One of the umpiring crew was Susie Benzel, another WCWS alum. She had the third base line in the second game, but no illegal pitches were called in either game, and Coach Perniciaro never asked about it that I could tell.

Comment

Interesting reading this discussion then looking and seeing that Derby graduate Shaina Brock was called for an illegal pitch today with a runner on third and the game tied 1-1 which cost her a 2-1 loss in Paciffic's game against UC Davis.

Comment

OMG! Are you serious? 12-0 loss. It's definetly time for some changes. That's embarassing!

Comment

Creighton completes the sweep with a 12-0 win in Game 3.

Kasha started in the circle and gave up 2 runs in 2 innings.

Breezy went the next 4 giving up a 3 spot in the 5th.

Katie pitched the 7th and gave up 7 runs on 8 hits.

Tara Oltman pitches a complete game 3-hitter for Creighton.

Shocks chances of making the MVC Tournament field took a big hit this weekend.

Comment

Did anyone see the IP called on Katie?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                  Shocks chances of making the MVC Tournament field took a big hit this weekend.
                  Clearly the weekend did not help, but series with Evansville, Bradley and Indiana State remain. Unfortunately, a series with Southern Illinois and the completion of the series with Missouri State also remain. They have to take care of business against others fighting to get into the tournament and with no clear #2 pitcher it won't be easy, but it is still doable.

Comment

Drives me crazy we have all this local talent (HS and JUCO) that cant find their way here for whatever reason. With another Lambo and a few tweaks to the stadium and scheduling times, the softball program here could actually be a winner and draw crowds.

Comment

Speaking of local and juco talent, I looked on the Butler Juco stats page and Blair Brooks and Kacy Covert have combined for almost 90 stolen bases and only caught stealing twice. I know that the Brooks kid is being recruited by Tulsa, Arkansas, and Creighton and I have heard (but need to verify) that Creighton is recruiting Covert also. I will have to check my sources though.

Comment

Working...
                      X