No announcement yet.

Lady Shocks at Illinois State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a pretty tough 7 games though. All good teams.

Comment

Can someone answer my question please? how do you pull a pitcher that gave up 3 hits in 4.1 innings? then put her back in, in the same situation she was in before only now your down 6 more runs. Who is running this show and how much longer?

Comment

Before we hang the coach, we need to find out if maybe Armagost might have injured herself or maybe her arm or knee started to tighten up. There are several reasons why he might have had to pull her and if that were the case, he would not have had time to warm up another pitcher.
        One way to know is simple.. Did Kolb warm up again before going back in? If so, then someone else could have warmed up instead.

Comment

My point was QP why pull KK to begin with?

Comment

My mistake. My only thoughts then would be either Pooch was seeing something he didn't like in her delivery or maybe he has lost confidence in her. If he lost confidence in Kolb, I could see him putting her back in after the game was out of reach in order to save Armagost for the next game. Just a thought though.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxsoftball
              Can someone answer my question please? how do you pull a pitcher that gave up 3 hits in 4.1 innings? then put her back in, in the same situation she was in before only now your down 6 more runs. Who is running this show and how much longer?
              First inning a single and a home run
              Second inning two walks
              Third inning was ok
              Fourth inning, walk and another hit. that would be three and 1/3 innings, not four though.

I would agree with the replacement on the mound at that time. Why bring her back in I have no idea except the walk on gave up three homers and the other pitcher was going in game two. It wasn't the hits, it was the lack of control combined with the hits.
              Be interesting to see what happens on Sunday.

Comment

I told you Illinois State was a good team. Better than the
                Shocks this weekend for sure. Southern Illinois is tough also. Girls will have to play well the rest of the year to have winning record. Missouri Valley is tougher this year than last.

Comment

Maybe getting rained out 3 games with UNI and Ill St. is a good thing. If we dont have to make those games up, we can gain ground beating the teams on the bottom side of the standings.

Comment

Our girls will have to play well to be .500 in the next ten games.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                      They're not really gone. The link to them is only gone. I just changed 2009 in the address to 2010 and it comes up.

They'll have to do better than that if they think they can fool us here on SN. :lol:

2010 Wichita State Softball
                      That doesn't work for me today. Perhaps they are totally gone now.

Maybe they don't want the team members focusing on their individual stats.

Comment

Working...
                      X