Lady Shocks v Missouri State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Shocks v Missouri State

Weather permitting, the single game of their conference series is today.

The Bears are 5-16 on the season and 0-2 in conference, losing to Southern Illinois, 0-3 and 3-8. They were a preseason pick for seventh in the MVC. They have lost to Missouri, beaten UMKC, split with Kansas, and lost a DH to Rutgers. They are scheduled to play Oklahoma State a single on Thursday.

I'll never figure why SB coaches schedule single games when its so easy to play two in the same amount of time a baseball team plays nine innings or less.

Comment

Originally posted by Hovpen
      I'll never figure why SB coaches schedule single games when its so easy to play two in the same amount of time a baseball team plays nine innings or less.
      Of course, the single game with Missouri State is dictated by the conference schedule. And the reason you play single mid-week games during the conference part of the season is pitching and perhaps time away from classes. And the time that it takes to play a baseball game really has nothing to do with it. BWDIK.

Comment

Shocks drop a 1-0 decision to MSU.

Shocks threatened in the 6th and 7th but were unable to come up with the big 2-out hits needed.

Another solid pitching outing by Kasha and Katie wasted.

Comment

Uh oh! Don't tell me that Lauren Supak former Butler Juco pitcher who wanted to come to WSU but wasn't good enough just pitched her 3rd shut out against us in as many tries!??!
          Ok Ok Moose, I'm just cranking your tail again.

But seriously, I thought going into this season that hitting would be our strength. I am very surprised to see how bad we struggle to score runs.

Comment

QP, actually I wrote in the original post that although Lauren had the highest ERA (4.24 v 4.14 and something less) and the fewest innings (30+ v 50+ and 50+) of the three starters, I suspected that she might get the start and might beat us if she did. Not wanting to appear that I was agitating by pointing out the stats, I deleted that part of the post. But we both know she is now guaranteed to get one of the starts in Springfield.

You are right - our offense is somewhere south of the South Pole right now.

Kara did not start - Gert did not start - Kiersten did not start. There are several spins that could be put on that I suppose, but none of them are positive.

Comment

It looks like Supak has struggled early this year, but if I remember correctly she led Mo State in ERA last season and was their #1 starter. Again, I am just cranking the Moose tail a bit, but there is a pitcher at Cowley (Spencer) that beat us last fall and is now signed at KU. I believe she is a Kansas kid. Did we even try to recruit her? And it looks like Butler has another good one (Kasson) that is a freshman, another Kansas kid.
              How many of these are we going to let get away?

Comment

Tell it like it is. We just lost to a losing program. Over the last four years they are 68 - 92. It shows how much interest MSU has in their softball program! Maybe it will get better and the girls will turn it around.

Comment

Originally posted by Quick Pitch
                  It looks like Supak has struggled early this year, but if I remember correctly she led Mo State in ERA last season and was their #1 starter.
                  She did have the lowest ERA last year, but had the same number of innings as McGinley. She was the most effective pitcher last weekend for the Bears against Southern Illinois. Her shutout yesterday lowered her ERA to 3.50, the lowest on the team by a small margin. But given our circumstances, can she hit? :(

Comment

IMO, we don't need pitching at this time. We have 2 JR pitchers, 1 So pitcher and a Fr. So unless these pitchers can hit that your talking about wanting we dont NEED them. For the most part our pitchers have kept us in every game well enough to win. When is somebody going to talk about the numurous chances at scoring we have squandered! Does anyone know how many times we have left runners on 2nd an/or 3rd with less than 2 outs an never scored or how many times we have got a leadoff on base an can never move her???????

Comment

Originally posted by shoxsoftball
                      IMO, we don't need pitching at this time. ... When is somebody going to talk about the numerous chances at scoring we have squandered! Does anyone know how many times we have left runners on 2nd an/or 3rd with less than 2 outs an never scored or how many times we have got a leadoff on base an can never move her???????
                      Lauren Supak is a "thread" left over from last year, but, yes, that was my point with the (jocular) "can she hit?" remark. Unless we can find a pitcher who can hold someone to negative runs, we are going to struggle right now. But hitting can be contagious - a breakout DH by a couple of the dependables may get everyone started.

Comment

Working...
                      X