Are we recruiting this kid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we recruiting this kid?

Saw this on the Hovpen Rivals site: It listed Creighton, Tulsa, and Arkansas recruiting her. Are we in on this kid too? If not, sounds like we should be.

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - The NJCAA Softball Player of the Week selections are here, and in the Division 1 ranks Blair Brooks of Butler Community College (Kan.) is the player of the week while Charity Watson from Pitt Community College (N.C.) is the pitcher of the week. The Division 2 player of the week is Tiana Chavez from Chandler-Gilbert CC (Ariz.), and the pitcher of the week is Stacey Sutton of Louisiana State University at Eunice.

Division 1 Player of the Week

Brooks had a great week in which she helped the Butler CC Grizzlies earn a 6-1 record on the week. In a double header on March 4th against Allen County CC (Kan.), the sophomore hit a combined 5-for-8 with three runs, one double and two stolen bases.
    On March 5th, she helped earn two wins over Frank Phillips College (Texas) by going 4-for-6 with four runs, one RBI, two walks and three stolen bases.
    On March 6th, in a win over Labette CC (Kan.) she went 2-for-2 with one run, one RBI, one walk, and three stolen bases.
    In the final double header of the week against Hutchinson CC (Kan.), the second baseman went 6-for-8 with three runs, three RBI's, and two stolen bases.

No. She is waiting to see what happens at WSU this year. She will come to WSU if the right situation is available. She is a left-handed slapper that can play defense.

Comment

Waiting to see what?

Comment

Could be waiting to see if a spot opens up or money comes available. My opinion is that we should get every good player within 100 miles. I know that is a pipe dream but I hate to see a talent like this kid (Brooks) get away if we have a shot at her. Creighton, Tulsa, and Arkansas are all very good programs. If they are after her, then we should be as well, provided that we still have scholarship money available.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxsoftball
          Waiting to see what?

Coaching change?

Comment

Working...
          X