No announcement yet.

MVC Tournament Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tomorrow game against CU is on Fox Sports i believe.
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Very nice win for the Shocks. They played very well. Jessica with 21 and Sheena with 18 (including 4 big free throws to put the game away).

If the Shocks play this well tomorrow (and shoot their free throws a little better) they have a good shot at upsetting Creighton.

Perhaps a little chip on the Shocks shoulder considering Jessica Diamond (All-Freshman Team) was the only Shocker to receive any post season recognition.

Comment

Sheena with a double-double adding 10 rebounds to go with her 18 points.

Casey Garrison scored 17 points but she had to take 21 shots to get those points so the Shocks defense on the POY, lead by Sheena, was pretty good.

Jessica was special tonight. The best offensive player on the floor. MSU had not answer.

Chynna with a huge 3 late in the game.

Perhaps the best overall team effort of the year. None of the Shocks really had a poor game.

Comment

Very successful season for a young team no matter what happens from this point forward. Well done, Shocks. :clap: :clap: :clap:
          The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

I forgot to mention that the Shocks rallied from a 9 point deficit after trailing 45-36 early in the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by tgcshock
              Very successful season for a young team no matter what happens from this point forward. Well done, Shocks. :clap: :clap: :clap:
              I agree. Although if we played everyone like we played the Bears this year we would have had an unbelievable season.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                If the Shocks play this well tomorrow (and shoot their free throws a little better) they have a good shot at upsetting Creighton.
                I hope you are right, but we have matched up far worse against Creighton than against Missouri State this year. Nonetheless, CU does not seem to be playing their best ball right now, and we have the talent, if not the experience, so who knows.

Whatever happens, this season has clearly been a large step in the right direction and gives a lot of good things to expect in the future under Jody. But since the MVC tourney has been prone to have lower seeds win it all in recent years, why don't we go ahead and make the step to the NCAAs right now as well! Go Shocks!
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                  Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                  I hope you are right, but we have matched up far worse against Creighton than against Missouri State this year. Nonetheless, CU does not seem to be playing their best ball right now, and we have the talent, if not the experience, so who knows.

Whatever happens, this season has clearly been a large step in the right direction and gives a lot of good things to expect in the future under Jody. But since the MVC tourney has been prone to have lower seeds win it all in recent years, why don't we go ahead and make the step to the NCAAs right now as well! Go Shocks!
                  I'm not betting my lunch money on it. But the Shocks sure looked good tonight. One of their better played games, the poor free throw shooting nothwithstanding. Creighton is a more phsycial team than MSU and your right that the match ups are totally different.

Comment

BTW, since they changed their name to Missouri State, the Shockers have been 10-2 against the Bears in women's basketball. And that has been the record we have put up when we have been bad.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I could not find any mention of the Shocks win at Kansas.com this morning. Surprised this didn't at least merit a paragraph. Too much going on elsewhere I guess.

Another good day for the Shocks.

Lady Shocks 80 - Lady Bears 75

Lady Shocks tennis team defeated #31 Rice 4-3 for their most impressive win of the year.

Shocks baseball team off to a very solid start at Long Beach with an 8-0 shut-out. At least the baseball team had a write-up.

:goshocks:

Comment

Here is the write up in today's Springfiled Newspaper:

Comment

In the Shocks last three games against Creighton, including a 49-41 loss in the MVC quarterfinals last year, the Shocks are only averaging 46 points a game.

If the Shocks are going to pull the upset they need to figure out how to put some points on the board. I think they will need to score in the mid-60's to have a shot at the upset.

In its last 3 games Creighton has turned the ball over 7, 7 and 6 times. Shocks defense needs to be active and try to get that number into double figures. However, we don't want to foul too much. I doubt that Creighton will do us a favor at the free throw line like MSU (16-28 overall and 9-19 in the second half).

Creighton has a huge advantage in experience, but the Shock's youngsters now have 30 games under their belts.

Creighton will probably be an 8-10 point favorite.

Hopefully, Jessica's shoulder and her jaw are OK today.

Comment

What a nice win for the ladies. So difficult to beat a team three times in the same year, not to mention three shootouts against an offense ranked among the top 15 in the country (not exactly our forte, on paper at least).

'Doc and '72 are right on, for whatever unexplainable reason, the Shocks' style just gives MSU fits.

I LOVE the fact that it appears this "rivalry" is indeed one again, and one that is likely to mean something over the next few years. Creighton is a completely different animal, but the Shocks are due for some payback. Hopefully they have enough left in the tank to do it.

And for what its worth, IMHO the "Real" MVC Coach of the Year resides in Wichita, Kansas!

BEAT THE BLUEJAYS!

Comment

Not that many care, but UNI just knocked off top seeded ISU and the Valley is totally up for grabs now.

Jody has a chance to advance this program to unseen heights, right now.

For some reason, CU has really owned the Shocks and we've been unable to figure them out. It's time to end that.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Well I guess that's about enough of that. 8-0 BJs.

Comment

Working...
                                X