Lady Shocks at UMKC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Shocks at UMKC

Since QP mentioned UMKC, we may as well get this thread up.

The 'roos are picked fifth of nine teams in the Summit League after finishing sixth last year. Their YTD record is 3-13. They played in Texas Tech Tournament No. 1 and lost to Tech by scores of 2-1, 5-4 and 7-3. In other games against opponents of interest, they lost to Tulsa, 7-0, to Creighton, 9-4, to #4 Missouri, 9-3, and to Missouri State, 3-0. Their wins have come against Jackson State, Maine (and also a loss), and Southeast Missouri State.

We will get two run-rules? It seems unlikely and depending what we get out of the second starter ...

Kasha is starting in Game 1, but Kara is not (Hayley is at 2B). I assume that Kara is still suffering the effects of her beaning/concussion.

Comment

Shocks 1-2 UMKC

UMKC scores on a triple and sac fly in the third and on a walk, double and single in the sixth.

The Shocks plate a run in the fifth with a double, single and single, but they cannot score another with runners at second and third and no one out. In the fourth, runners at first and second with no one out avails nothing.

They cashed in their limited opportunities, while we did not.

Comment

How do you not score a runner from third with no outs?

Comment

Katie gets the start in the second game.

Comment

Doesn't look like game 2 is going to be any different. I see another long season ahead>

Comment

Sounds like we pitched well. I can't believe that we don't score more runs against them though.

Comment

Shocks 0-4(6) UMKC

For completeness. The game was called in the bottom of the sixth due to rain.

Comment

My official comment... Wow. All I can say is wow.

Comment

Are you kidding me?

Are you kidding me?

Comment

Hopefully they can turn it around. If not there is help on the way in the fall. Could make major difference in program.

Comment

Help coming in the fall? If you are talking about the left handed pitcher from the northwest (WA?) I have heard mixed reviews on her.
                        Didn't the Wichita Renegades hit her pretty hard in a Colorado tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by 1B29
                          Hopefully they can turn it around. If not there is help on the way in the fall. Could make major difference in program.
                          New Coach?

Comment

Hummm :good:

Comment

Help in the fall? The pitching really hasn't been a problem as of late so unless the girl from the NW can score runs.....

Comment

Working...
                              X