Lady Shocks at Texas Tech Tournament No. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Shocks at Texas Tech Tournament No. 2

Texas Tech hosts three tournaments! When you are in a garden spot like Lubbock, I suppose teams are flocking to play there. At least they do not call them Classics.

Aside from the host school, Boise State is the only other team there. The Broncos are a second-year program and were picked seventh of eight teams in the WAC. Their current record is 2-7.

Texas Tech was a preseason pick for tenth (KU barely edged them out) of the ten teams playing softball in the Big 12. Their record on the season is 13-1 with a mid-week DH with Houston Baptist yet to be played.

The Shocks play Boise State on Friday and Saturday and the Red Raiders on Saturday and Sunday.

Lady Shocks should win all. Texas Tech is very weak offensively. Pitching is very questionalbe. Hopefully this will be a confidence builder.

Comment

Shocks did lose to Texas Tech last weekend. Shocks are not dominate enough themselves for me to confidently say they should win all their games in this tournament. Hopefully, it works out that way though.

Comment

Texas Tech swept the DH with HBU to move to 15-1 on the season.

Comment

Gametracker access at:

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Comment

Lady Shocks take care of Boise State in Lubbock 7-1.

Kasha with a neat 2-hitter, allowing 2 singles and 1 run in the 6th.

:good: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

YESTERDAY IN THE 6TH INNING KARA WAS HIT BY A PITCH AND SUFFERED A CONCUSSION.. SHE WAS 3 FOR 3 AT THE TIME AND THERE WAS A DISCUSSION AS TO WHETHER IT PITCH WAS INTENTIONAL OR NOT.. IT CAUSED QUITE A FEW CHANGES IN THE LINEUP.. IT'S NOT KNOWN AT THIS TIME HOW LONG SHE WILL BE OUT OF THE LINEUP

Comment

Shocks trailing Boise State 4-1 after 5.

Shocks being hurt by their nemisis the home run.

Shocks took a 1 run lead after 3, but Brianna gave up 2 home runs in the top of the 4th and Jamie gave up a solo shot in the 5th t account for all of the scoring by Boise State.

Shocks offense not helped by the abscence of Kara, their best hitter.

Hopefully, Kara's concussion is not too severe and she can make it back into the lineup in the near future.

Comment

Shocker rally in the bottom of the 7th falls just short. Shocks fall 4-3.

With one out in the bottom of the 7th Sammie doubled, Heather singled and Jamie doubled to produce 2 runs. However, Lindsie struck out and Halley popped out to SS to strand Jamie at 2nd.

Comment

Shocks knock of home standing Texas Tech by a 5-2 score.

Kasha with another solid outing with 2 outs of relief help from Katie to close the game out.

Jamie Hull with a 2 run homer. Jamie hitting the ball pretty well of late.

:good: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

Again. Texas Tech is weak. No offense or pitching. They will finish next to last in Big 12 just in front of KU.

Comment

Good to see Kara back in the lineup.

Comment

Texas Tech jumps on Katie for 7 in the first helped along by 2 errors plus an additional run in the 2nd before Brianna came in relief.

Shocks down 8-0 with TT batting in the bottom of the 4th.

Looks like Shocks will go 2-2 in this Tournament.

Comment

Certainly didn't expect a split with TT but on the other hand I didn't expect a split with Boise St. I guess I we were only going to win 2 games, this is the best way it could happen.
                            I think we have UMKC next which should be two easy run rule games. Then it gets a little tougher heading to Columbia MO. Now if we split at Mizzou that will be something to brag about. If kasha is on, it is possible.

Comment

Any updates on Kara?

It appears that she was taken out of Sunday's TT game after making a couple of errors in the first inning. I hope this was a case of "unable to perform" following her concussion. She has contributed far too much to this program, catching her freshman year when she had never caught before, for example, to be used as an object lesson.

Comment

Working...
                              X