MVC Indoor Championships - Feb 27-28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC Indoor Championships - Feb 27-28

Pre-meet poll has come out ... http://www.mvc-sports.com/ViewArticl...CLID=204894162

SIU picked to win, WSU 2nd, then Indiana St, Illinois St, Missouri St, UNI, Drake, and Bradley.

SIU is currently ranked #12 in the NCAA but the Shockers should give them a battle with Indiana St also challenging. It will be interesting to see what the Shockers put their dynamic duo of distance stars (Tonya Nero and Leah Thompson) in. Will they go with the DMR or individual events? It looks like WSU will rely on Nero, Thompson, Audacia Moore, Cassie Craig, and Tanya Friesen for most of their points. SIU has some major big-time athletes ranked high in the nation and will rely on Malaikah Love for a lot of points.

Here is a link to the championship page ... http://www.unipanthers.com/sports/c-...mvc-champ.html

It looks like there will be a live webcast of the meet as well. Last year the Shockers were picked 4th and finished 2nd, hopefully the same pattern will come true this year and they take home the title! Go Shockers!!!

It looks like once again its going to come down to SIU and WSU for the title. After the first day the Shockers have put themselves in a nice position and now have to go out and get the job done. 2 finalists in the 60, 1 in the 200, 2 in the 800, 2 in the 60h, several good field events left as well as the mile and 5k with Nero and Thompson.

Could be a great day for the Shockers, go get 'em!!!

Comment

Best I can tell, Tanya Nero leads the Mile about 1/2 way through.....

Comment

I must be wrong.....they are reporting Martinez won the race... I am confused as I know the difference between the 2 runners.

Comment

Ok, Martinez won the slow heat.....Nero and Thompson went 1-2 in the fast heat and I think Martinez picked up an extra point with the 8th best time in the slow heat.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu: :yahoo:

Comment

6 events left to be scored....Shocks in 2nd....about 20 points behind.

Sorry folks, I don't know if we have any strengths left or not. I think we're pretty good in the triple jump which is still going on. Maybe the vault too...beyond that I have no idea.

Comment

My bad....pole vault and high jump are the only field events left.

Audacia Moore needs to win the 200 right now.

Comment

And she does just that.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

5k under way...Shocks have the top 2 runners in the field...need to finish 1-2 badly if they expect to challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                    5k under way...Shocks have the top 2 runners in the field...need to finish 1-2 badly if they expect to challenge.

And they do PRECISELY that.

Comment

Nearly a crash in the 4X400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Our anchor leg got SMOKED. Took the stick tied for second...dropped immediately by the top 2 then got passed late by the team that almost fell in the crash.

Comment

Man that 4X400 could be COSTLY. The women lead by 4 slim points with 2 events left to be scored.

Vault and 4X400.

Comment

Valley Champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

:good: :goshocks: :clap:

That was close, but a great job by 'Bolts Babes.

Are we looking at a sweep by the Babes and the Boys?

Comment

Working...
                              X