Lady Shocks 73 - Lady Bears 65

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Shocks 73 - Lady Bears 65

The Lady Shocks got a big win this afternoon besting MSU 73-65.

It was an entertaining game. Both teams played pretty well and it was one of the better officiated women's games I have seen in a while.

A sweep of MSU may come in handy in a tiebreaker with Drake to stay out of the play-in round of the MVC Tournament if it happens to come down to that.

Teamwise I thought it was one of the best and most consistent performances this year.

Shocks were solid defensively, on the boards and they shot pretty well, although they missed a lot of shots around the basket. Nevertheless, I definite step forward for this young team.

To top it off I won one of the P.F. Chang's gift certificates.

Hopefully, the good vibes carry over to the Shocker men later tonight.

:good: :goshocks: :clap:

Michelle continues to be a terror on defense and on the boards, plus perfect from the field and free throw line.

In spite of being injured, Sheena shut down Casey Garrison. Sheena has had some great defensive performances this year, but this one may be her best to date all things considered.

We had a little more rest time going into this game, and hopefully that helped our young players get their legs back underneath them a little for the stretch run.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Good win, but did I see right that it was "Pink Day"? Can I ask why the visitors were the ones wearing the pink and not the institution that was hosting the event? :blink:
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
        Good win, but did I see right that it was "Pink Day"? Can I ask why the visitors were the ones wearing the pink and not the institution that was hosting the event? :blink:
        I'm assuming the Shox were White and Pink and the Bears were Pink and White. I went to a game a couple years ago against Bradley like that
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
          Originally posted by ShockerFever
          I'm assuming the Shox were White and Pink and the Bears were Pink and White. I went to a game a couple years ago against Bradley like that
          They weren't. We were in our normal home uni's.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Well then, that is odd...
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
              Well then, that is odd...
              From what I understand, it is a matter of finances. The cost on the pink uni's is apparently pretty exorbitant, and apparently the administration wasn't willing to spend money on that in the current financial environment.

Honestly, if that is the case, I don't have a problem with it. WSU did all of the stuff (auctioning off warm-ups, selling various items and giving the money to breast cancer research) that actually helps breast cancer research. While it is a nice idea, I don't see that having pink in the jerseys does a whole lot to help with breast cancer, and given the cost, it unnecessarily hurts the university's budget in tough economic times.

Comment

Drake dropped a 55-63 decision to Bradley in Peoria today.

That drops Drake a half-game behind the Shocks who now sit alone in 6th place.

The Shocks have 10th place Evansville and 9th place SIU at home and play Bradley and Northern Iowa on the road to finish up.

Drake has 3 home games remaining with Creighton, Indiana State and Illinois State.

I can easily see Drake going 1-2 in those games. If so, the Shocks need to win 2 out of 4 to secure 6th place and avoid the play-in round. Anything less, would be a disappointment. If the Shocks play like they did against MSU on Saturday they should be OK.

:goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                  Drake has 3 home games remaining with Creighton, Indiana State and Drake.
                  Creighton, Indiana State and Illinois State. No problem.

Comment

Thanks for the correction fM. I had written that once and then accidentally dropped it and had to rewrite it in a hurry.

Comment

Working...
                    X