Women's Tennis - 2010 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's Tennis - 2010 Season Thread

The Lady Shocks, ranked at #74. are off to a 1-4 start to the tennis the season.

On the surface this might seem disappointing but in reality perhaps not so much.

Consider that:

1. All five matches have been on the road. With the 4 losses all coming to teams ranked higher than the Shocks.

They opened with a 5-2 win over Creighton in Omaha.
    They lost 4-3 to #55 Nebraska in Lincoln.
    They lost 4-3 to #64 Minnesota in Lincoln.
    They lost 6-1 to #65 BYU in Provo - the only match we were not in.
    They lost 4-3 to #61 Utah in Salt Lake City.

2. The Shocks have been without their best player, Lutfiana Budiharto, who is ranked #28 in the nation. Lutfiana is out with an ankle injury. Would have been interesting to see how the Shockers would have fared with this tough opening schedule with a healthy Budiharto.
    Hopefully, she can get back soon.

I really like the tough schedule and the Lady Shocks will be battle tested and tough by the time Aprl rolls around, much to the chagirn of its MVC counterparts.

:goshocks:

Barring SUBSTANTIAL injuries to multiple players, the Shocks will waltz through the Valley.

Gotta hope for a favorable draw come tourney time.

Lutfiana is the real deal.

Comment

I need to catch a match or two in person this year.

I see we have Penn State at the Wichita Country Club next Saturday at Noon.

Doc, have you heard anything about the prognosis for Lutfiana's return to action?

Comment

Luftiana back in action. Shocks handle Penn State without too much trouble winning 6-1 including a sweep of the 3 doubles matches to pick up the doubles point while going 5-1 in singles with the only loss in the #6 match.

:good: :goshocks: :clap:

Edit: Decided to follow goshox74's lead and set this as the 2010 Tennis season thread.

Comment

Working...
        X