Women get same bogus reffing on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women get same bogus reffing on the road

The womens overtime against Evansville was full of some of the same bogus reffing that the men get on the road. Whistles were blowing for no reason and the radio announcer was beside himself and trying not to do a "Kennedy".

Not the best officiating; however some of the worst clock management and boneheaded plays I've ever seen. One turnover and stupid play after another.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The officiating was beyond horrific but a few less unforced errors and the Shocks would have won in regulation anyway. Disappointing because the Shocks were clearly the better team and had a real opportunity to win this one.
      The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

"Good officiating" in MVC Women's basketball is pretty much an oxymoron.

However, the Shocks do commit their fair share of dumb fouls. Again mostly attributable to lack of experience and basketball IQ. This should diminish as the team's learning curve progresses (I hope).

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
          "Good officiating" in MVC Women's basketball is pretty much an oxymoron.

However, the Shocks do commit their fair share of dumb fouls. Again mostly attributable to lack of experience and basketball IQ. This should diminish as the team's learning curve progresses (I hope).
          Classic moment. Chynna bodies up on one of the Evansville bigs to deny position and gets called for a foul. The announcer says, "I don't think that was a foul but she has to learn to get her hands up in the air and show the ref that there is nothing going on but using her body to gain position." A little later on in the game virtually the same play happens again. Chynna and the EU big are trying to establish position but this time Chynna get her hands straight up in the air and makes it clear that it is simply body on body for position. So what happens, she gets called for another foul. So much for the learning curve.
          The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Working...
          X