• Show
Clear All

Damn, Diamond is a turnover machine...
    SFL is back!

Comment

I just wasted 2 hours of my life... WTF was that? :banghead:
      SFL is back!

Comment

A bad loss no doubt about it. Lack of Basketball IQ, lack of mental toughness. Turnover after turnover after turnover. Poor free throw shooting. Bad clock management. Leaving 3-point shooters wide open.

Not only did the Shocks not grab the opportunity in front of them, they more than negate the nice road win at Missouri State.

However, they did make a statement with this game -- that is they are a
        not-ready-for-prime-time team -- even in a so-so conference.

Too bad this game was televised. Not a way to attract new fans out to your games.

I am more than a little disappointed tonight.

:-x

Comment

Originally posted by SFL
          Damn, Diamond is a turnover machine...
          Actually she isn't. She was averaging 1.9 turnovers per game coming into tonight.

Her assist to turnover ration of 1.35 is actually pretty decent.

I wonder if the fact that one of her former high school opponents was playing for Evansville caused Jessica to try too hard to one-up that palyer.

While I'm extremely disappointed with tonight's performance by Jessica and the team in general, I do expect that Jessica will be an outstanding player before her days are done as a Shocker.

Hopefully, in another year or two these kind of performances will be a thing of the past for both Jessica and the team.

Comment

There are a couple of scenarios in which I could forgive a good number of the turnovers.

HOWEVER, I cannot forgive the UNHOLY clock management....Jody has to wear that one. It wasn't 1 or 2 possessions, it was many.

And how did Evansville run that simple play to get their only shooter open for the game tying 3?

Playing the OT was total futility. Everyone (mostly our players) knew Evansville was going to win.

Awful, awful, awful.

Comment

Looking at the Box Score this morning I see that Jessica had 8 assists and 3 turnovers. I'll take that anytime, although a couple of her turnovers came at critical times.

Chynna and Jazimen had 5 turnovers each and Marisah and Sheena had 4 turnovers each.

Sheena had 21 points, 11 rebounds and 4 assists so I think I can live with her 4 turnovers.

Shocks shot 44.4% from the field. Evansville is now 1-14 when opponents shoot 40% or better from the field.

Shocks outrebounded Evansville 52-34. Rare to see a loss with that kind of board advantage.

As Doc posted Jody has to take a fair share of the blame for this one.

Comment

Don't be too quick to judgement on this young team. It is extremely difficult to win on the road in the Valley. Let's all rally and support these young ladies. They are playing a different level of basketball than we have seen in the last ten years at Wichita State.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Fan
                  Don't be too quick to judgement on this young team. It is extremely difficult to win on the road in the Valley. Let's all rally and support these young ladies. They are playing a different level of basketball than we have seen in the last ten years at Wichita State.

It's not too hard to win at Evansville. I PROMISE you, if I would have taken over at the 5 minute mark, WSU would have won the game.

I agree they are playing at a different level, and believe me, I appreciate that, but that is no excuse for last night. Our girls should have won that game blindfolded.

Comment

WuDrWu wrote:
                    It's not too hard to win at Evansville
                    Wichita State's last win in Evansville came in 2002. It appears to be harder than you think.

While I'm disappointed in the outcome of last night, you've been kidding yourself if you think there weren't going to be some major ups and downs with this team this year. Patience grasshopper.

Comment

You tell me it is not hard to win on the road with a young team in women's basketball in the Valley! How about the fact that teams have to play either Thursday/Saturday or Friday/Sunday swings. :yahoo: Don't see the men's teams playing on the road with only one day in between games.

Comment

Ok............................

Evansville picked up their first, and likely last, Valley win against the Shocks.

Everyone else has found it quite easy to beat the Aces. Just stop. This was an epic failure. Pick up the pieces and move forward.

Comment

Shocks drop their 2nd straight road game to the league's bottom dwellers.

The game was very close most of the way.

After a couple of misses by Morgan Boyd at around the 3-4 minute mark SIU pulled away to a 58-51 lead.

Shocks did manage to pull within 2 at 58-56 on a couple of baskets by Chynna with about 1:00 minute left.

Unfortunately the Shocks had nothing left as SIU pulled away on free throws in the last minute to win 63-56.

Key possession with about 1:30 left and the Shocks trailing by 3 at 58-55 resulted in a shot clock violation.

Not totally sure, but I think Haleigh may have been scoreless in this game.

Shocks don't have to wait until the end of the season to look back at an opportunity lost. Opportunity stared them in the eye and the Shocks blinked.

On a positive side Chynna and Jessica are playing pretty well and are starting to take over the "go to" roles for this team which hopefully will bode well a year or two down the line.

Comment

Missouri State squeaked by Evansville 86-57 in Evansville this afternoon.

:roll:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker

Sure is a tough place to win.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                                Originally posted by 1972Shocker

Sure is a tough place to win.
                                Shocks apparently wore them down for da' Bears.

Comment

Working...
                                X