WBB: Ashley Gladden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBB: Ashley Gladden

My question to you guys is this: How valuable do you think it is to have a player like Ashley Gladden on your team?

To clarify, Gladden is one of only two seniors on the team this season. She is one of only three players with one year of Division-I experience on this team. But she has taken a backseat to a trio of freshmen - Jazimen Gordon, Chynna Turner and Michelle Price - as far as playing time goes. She hasn't played in either of the MVC games and will probably not play much the rest of the year. But instead of send it in for the year, Gladden will be the first one off the bench to congratulate teammates, is another "coach" according to HCJA for the team and has been just an overall great teammate. Obviously, she doesn't contribute in terms of points or production of the floor, but how valuable do you guys think she is to the team?

I think she plays the same role that alot of "bench players" have. To compete in practice to not only make herself a better player but to push the starters to a higher level of execution and play. Not a lot of glory but she can take a great deal of satisfaction in knowing she is one of those intangibles that makes up a team.

Comment

Re: WBB: Ashley Gladden

Originally posted by teldridge24
      My question to you guys is this: How valuable do you think it is to have a player like Ashley Gladden on your team?

To clarify, Gladden is one of only two seniors on the team this season. She is one of only three players with one year of Division-I experience on this team. But she has taken a backseat to a trio of freshmen - Jazimen Gordon, Chynna Turner and Michelle Price - as far as playing time goes. She hasn't played in either of the MVC games and will probably not play much the rest of the year. But instead of send it in for the year, Gladden will be the first one off the bench to congratulate teammates, is another "coach" according to HCJA for the team and has been just an overall great teammate. Obviously, she doesn't contribute in terms of points or production of the floor, but how valuable do you guys think she is to the team?
      I, for one, appreciate Ashley tremendously. Everything I know about her tells me that she is extremely valuable to the young players on this team, both on and off the court. She sets a great example and is the kind of teammate that is always willing to help people out.

I don't think that people outside of the team even see all of the stuff she does that makes her a great teammate and example. The ability of our young players to adjust to college life and the division I game has been greatly aided by Ashley, even though giving that guidance would cost her playing time.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I agree that Ashley is a key component in her "Big Sister" role on this team. The fact that she is not moping around about not playing is huge in and of itself. The intangibles she brings in terms of attitude and work ethic are especially important for such an inexperienced team. Ashley may not be playing, but she is not forgotten.

I sense a nice article upcoming on Ashley. Hope so anyway.

:good:

Comment

Her attitude, work ethic, and leadership would make her an asset on any team. On a young team like the Shockers, she is absolutely invaluable. Good to see Coach Adams point out her contribution in the post-game press conference.
          The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

I could not get the post-game conference video on goShockers.com to play. Did anyone else have any problems with that?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
              I could not get the post-game conference video on goShockers.com to play. Did anyone else have any problems with that?
              Me. Even after the entire clip downloaded, it did not play.

But when I went directly to YouTube and searched using WSU and Bradley as key words, I found ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LFtDy9_1_c ... and it played just once! :(

Neither clicking on the link nor pasting the link into a new browser window helped. I even did the search a second time, and it would not play. Keep trying?

Comment

BTW, best wishes to Ashley for a successful surgery and full recovery from her torn ACL which has ended her career.

WICHITA, Kan.- Ashley Gladden, a 5-10 senior forward on the women's basketball team, will miss the remainder of the season with a complete tear of the anterior cruciate ligament.

I'm sure we will still see Ashley roaming (well maybe hobbling) the sidelines in full support of her Shocker teammates and, of course, we will get the opportunity to wish her well on Senior night.

Good luck, Ashley!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                  BTW, best wishes to Ashley for a successful surgery and full recovery from her torn ACL which has ended her career.

WICHITA, Kan.- Ashley Gladden, a 5-10 senior forward on the women's basketball team, will miss the remainder of the season with a complete tear of the anterior cruciate ligament.

I'm sure we will still see Ashley roaming (well maybe hobbling) the sidelines in full support of her Shocker teammates and, of course, we will get the opportunity to wish her well on Senior night.

Good luck, Ashley!
                  Before the Drake game, Jody mentioned how blessed she felt as a coach to have a player like Ashley. As people have noted on this thread, there aren't many players who would invest as much in the people taking you minutes and complain as little about playing time as Ashley. Ashley wants to play as much as anyone, but has been the definition of "team first."
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                  X