No. Colorado 65 - Shocks 54

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No. Colorado 65 - Shocks 54

Unfortunately, the Lady Shocks VB team took all the good karma with them to Ames today.

The women's basketball team, hurt by Haleigh Lankster being ill, simply could not respond. They hung in for 30 minutes (not really sure how) but could not respond when NCU made a run about mid-way through the second half.

Whereas, in their 4 wins their were some good moments and the occassional bad spells, but he good out-weighed the bad.

Tonight, mostly bad with only the occassional good moment.

I suspect we will have games like this on occassion this year. Hopefully, only very occassionally.

:(

Re: No. Colorado 65 - Shocks 54

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
    Unfortunately, the Lady Shocks VB team took all the good karma with them to Ames today.

The women's basketball team, hurt by Haleigh Lankster being ill, simply could not respond. They hung in for 30 minutes (not really sure how) but could not respond when NCU made a run about mid-way through the second half.

Whereas, in their 4 wins their were some good moments and the occassional bad spells, but he good out-weighed the bad.

Tonight, mostly bad with only the occassional good moment.

I suspect we will have games like this on occassion this year. Hopefully, only very occassionally.

:(
    I wondered about Haleigh. That explains a lot, because she certainly didn't look like herself out there.

This was a game where we could not get any shot to fall, and we showed our youth by allowing the frustration at the missed shots to make us sloppy on defense and not run the offense as the game went on.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Since we could not out-athlete Northern Colorado to the same extent as earlier teams, the inexperience on defense was really obvious.

They had enough "variations" on the pick-and-roll that we never knew what was coming, and the point guard did whatever she wanted to do.

Since our half-court offense is not that good yet, the lack of points off turnovers was a big part of the result.

Haleigh being ill was a big part of the offensive result, too.

Comment

The blue print for dealing with this Shocker team has probably been set.

Try to take Haleigh out the game and try to keep the Shocks from scoring in transition.

NCU got a big assist from the flu bug or whatever was ailing Haleigh, but even when Haleigh was in the game NCU was trying to deny her the ball and daring rest of the team to beat them. I expect this will continue until the Shocks prove they have other consistent options for scoring the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
          ... but even when Haleigh was in the game NCU was trying to deny her the ball ...
          Yes, I thought I noticed the same thing.

Comment

Working...
          X