Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Shocks v La Salle

Wichita State 56-43 La Salle

A pretty ugly game, tied 23-23 at the half. Both teams shot a little over 30%, but we won the turnover battle, 27-18. Coach mentioned that the interior players need to get more comfortable and not rush things and the guards need to use more options of the offense. Sheena was impressive, playing everything but 1 and 2. Free throw shooting was much better, 15 of 20.

Before the game, coach talked about losing a lot of communication and awareness of what is happening on the floor with Ashley not being available. We probably could have been a little smoother if she was here, but it is good to make the freshmen get the experience against a team that we can beat without playing our best.

We had a lot of open looks that we could not get to fall for us tonight. We had hit those shots consistently in our first couple of games at home, but you are going to have night where stuff just isn't working. The officiating didn't help and effectively destroyed what little flow the game might have had.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Lots of things to fine tune, but they're showing lots of heart, guts and extra effort on just about every play. And that's something that you can't work on. It's either there or it isn't.

Win or lose, these young women are making games incredibly fun to watch. I can hardly wait to see them further develop!

Comment

Working...
      X