Shocks v Cardinal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks v Cardinal

Another postseason matchup between Wichita State and Stanford.

This time it's women's tennis in the NCAA tournament. Also this time they'll play at Palo Alto instead of the friendly confines of the ICT.

WSU will obviously have their hands full with the #13 team in the nation but hey, it's May and they are competing for a National Championship.

Maybe the ladies can pull a rabbit out of a hat as the 4 seed....ok, they really aren't going to win but if you are interested in seeing some really good tennis, and our great team for probably the first and last time, free live video is available at the following link.

The match starts at 2pm our time.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Thanks for the link, Doc. If I'm home then I'll definitely check it out.

Comment

Outstanding summary of the upcoming match from the Cardinal website:

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

A couple of items to chew on....Stanford has not lost at home since Bill Clinton was in the White House (5-4 to Cal in 1999) and this season was the first since 1987 that they did not win the PAC 10. That is unbelievable.

Getting a point or 2 would be a fantastic result today for our ladies.

Comment

The live feed is a nice touch. Shocks in trouble and in danger of losing the doubles point.

They're down 2 breaks each in the #1 and #2 but do lead in the #3.

They seem overmatched at the #1, the #2 should be closer than it is, and the #3 is just about even.

They don't want to go into the singles needing 4 of 6 matches....but that's exactly what's about to happen barring an instant turnaround.

Comment

Senior Torrie Browning and Junior Lenore Lazaroiu were up a break at 4-2.

Back on serve now at 4-3. They are every bit as good as their opponents.

Comment

Senior Anna Egorova and freshman Lutfiana Budiharto are being boatraced in the first match.

2 time PAC10 POY Hilary Barte is simply too much to handle.....she is really good and her partner, Linday Burdette isn't bad.

They win the set 8-2 and the doubles point is just about decided.

Comment

Juniors Stephanie Dalmacio and Florentina Hanisch trail 6-1. They have made a slew of unforced errors....not saying they should be winning but it should not be 6-1.

Comment

Point Cardinal and the third doubles match will be ended with the Shockers leading.

I can't see us taking more than 3 matches, and even that would be a huge stretch.

I imagine we'll get double bageled at the #1....We'll need to see some early leads in 4 or all of the others to plant any seed of doubt.

Did I mention that Stanford has won 5 out of the last 8 National Championships?

Comment

No real shock in the singles either. I though Torrie Browning would fair better than she has so far but otherwise pretty much as expected, Stanford rolling.

They lead in 5 of the 6 singles matches so far.

Comment

Working...
                  X