Kellyn Johnson at Stanford Invitational

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kellyn Johnson at Stanford Invitational

This is an elite field to say the least. Many, many runners from across the country, about half of which are not college athletes.

This is the best of the best in the United States at 5k. An interesting and ambitious placement for Kellyn.

I hope she does well and can't wait to see the results.

GOOD LUCK KELLYN!

Kellyn finished 9th in this elite field. The race was won by Jennifer Barringer, perhaps the best distance runner in the country today, in a sparkling time of 15:07.....Kellyn's time of 16:02 shaved 9 seconds off the school record and is 50+ seconds better than what was the best time in the Valley so far this year.

It is quite possible that 9th in this race means she is 9th best in the country.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

My bad....I mistakenly compared Kellyn's time to the indoor best 5k, not the outdoor school record. Desiraye Osburn still holds the outdoor school record at 15:53. Kellyn's time was the 2nd best all time.

PALO ALTO, Calif. -- Senior Kellyn Johnson ran the second-fastest 5000m time in school history at the elite Payton Jordan Cardinal Invitational on the campus of Stanford University in Palo Alto, Calif.

Comment

Working...
    X