Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks @ BlueJays

Shocks facing the dominate Tara Oltman.

They need to get 1 or 2 early and hope to hold on.

Kasha gets out of a HUGE problem in the 3rd, working around a hit by pitch, walk and error by striking out the side.

0-0 going to the 4th.

SIU and the Sycamores tied at 3 in the 9th.... :(

Comment

Chicks dig the long ball....at least against the Shocks.

Koch's homer makes it 2-0 Jays going to the 6th. Probably plenty for Tara.

:(

Comment

Kasha pitches well with a 3 hitter but you aren't going to win when you score zero.

Comment

Shocks lose 2-0.

Sycamores win 4-3 in 11. Tourney hopes dashed. Shocks will miss the tournament for the first time since 2002.

Comment

In the second games, SIU scored four in the top of the fifth to lead Indiana State, 4-1, after four and a half. The Shocks lead Creighton, 1-0, after five complete with Breezy going 4.2 before Kasha relieves.

Hope springs eternal.

Comment

Shocks win, 1-0.

Southern Illinois beats Indiana State, 4-2.

We are still tied with Indiana State and need a win and a Sycamore loss tomorrow.

Comment

Or if I figure rite a Shox win and a Missiouri St loss will also get us in. :wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by shoxsoftball
                  Or if I figure rite a Shox win and a Missiouri St loss will also get us in.
                  Correct - Bradley took two from Missouri State today and needs to take another tomorrow to give us another route to the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose
                    Hope springs eternal.

Ah yes hope......As veteran horse racing fans are often heard to say.....stop the race now!

Early returns......Indiana State is about to lose to SIU down 3-1 in the 7th.

Missouri State is tied with BU in the 2nd with the Braves threatening.

Shocks got 1 in the first to lead the Creighton Taras 1-0.

Make it stand up!

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Indiana State loses 3-1. We got our help.

GO SHOCKS!

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Well just like that KK serves up her 37th long ball this season.

1-1 and I'm off to the yard.

Comment

Indiana State loses to Southern Illinois, 3-1, and Missouri State loses to Bradley, 2-0, but we cannot hold up our end of the scenario as Creighton hits a walk-off homer in the bottom of the tenth to win, 3-1.

Ugh!! The "if we had just"s and the "if they had just"s ... particularly earlier in the season.

Comment

Couldn't take anymore baseball.....ugh.....so I come home and find what has to be the most fitting end to a season I have ever seen.

Kasha battles all day, gives up 1 run (on a solo hr of course) and fights her way into the 10th only to watch the season go up in smoke with a two out two run home home to end the season...tragic yet fitting.

Comment

Tough way to end the season, but I have to hand it to the Shocks they really battled hard against Drake and Creighton and at least gave themselves a shot at making the tournament, apparently losing the 3-way tiebreaker.

At least Bradley earned their way into the tournament which removes another potential aggravation.

A lot of experience gained this year. Hopefully, that will translate into more wins next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X