Shocks v ku

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks v ku

6-0 bad guys in the 5th of a twilight DH.

A way below average big12 team beat the living tar out of us.

9-2 and 3-0 (1 hitter).

Comment

The surprise of the evening is the pitching performance of Jamie Hull in the nightcap - five innings of one-hit ball with eight strikeouts. Plus she got our only hit of the game. I keep thinking she can pitch at this level, but she is the one that has to think it, not me.

Comment

Maybe that outing will help with Jamie's self-confidence.

Still, looking forward I would prefer to recruit a another good arm and not solely rely on the current staff to develop.

Comment

Yep, but next year's signees do not include a pitcher ... unless there is late-breaking news in the next few months.

Comment

I think KK will develop just fine with the right help; I realize most of the pitchers that come thru Wichita is for 2 years but she is already 8th on the single season and 9th on the career list for strikeouts, she has just got to figure out how to keep the ball in the park. IMO. That said rumor mill says 2 walk on pitchers are coming in the fall. Dont know who or where they are from.

Comment

One of them is Armagost from Bishop Carroll, don't look for much help from her because she is not a D1 level pitcher IMHO.
              The only thing I heard about the other one is that she might be a tall lefty.
              If I find out any more I will let ya know :good:

Comment

Working...
              X