Does anyone know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know?

I know that the NCAA has some formula that they look at regarding graduation rates of programs. I was told once that transfers away from a program count against the program's graduation rate. Is that true? If so, how will the loss of so many wbb players affect WSU's grad rate? Are we ok as long as those players graduate wherever they go?

I believe a transfer out used to hurt. But a few years ago I'm almost positive it was changed that if they continue and graduate they wouldn't hurt. Or maybe they don't hurt as much or someting.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

From the NCAA site...

The GSR measures graduation rates at Division I institutions and includes students transferring into the institutions. The GSR also allows institutions to subtract student-athletes who leave their institutions prior to graduation as long as they would have been academically eligible to compete had they remained.

The Academic Progress Rate (APR) is a measure developed by the NCAA to track the academic achievement of Division I teams each academic term. Each student-athlete earns one retention point for staying in school and one eligibility point for being academically eligible. A team’s total points divided by points possible, multiplied by one thousand equals the team’s APR score. Teams that fall below the minimum APR score of 925 face possible sanctions ranging from scholarship reductions to more severe penalties.
      Based on these definitions it would appear that as long as the ladies are leaving in good academic shape and continue towards their degrees at this or another institution, both the team's GSR and the APR would not take a negative hit at all.

Comment

That was very helpful. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X