Softball Looking Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Softball Looking Back

As I said, lots of computer work today, so I find ways to keep busy while I wait for replies.

With 2 series remaining, it seems more and more likely that the Shocks are going to miss the MVC tourney this year and that is exceedingly dissappointing. Barring winning (at least) 2 of 3 from league leader Creighton and Drake, it's all over but the shouting for the Shocks.

Here is a partial list of important games that, shall we say, didn't go our way.

Re: Softball Looking Back

Originally posted by WuDrWu
    As I said, lots of computer work today, so I find ways to keep busy while I wait for replies.

With 2 series remaining, it seems more and more likely that the Shocks are going to miss the MVC tourney this year and that is exceedingly dissappointing. Barring winning (at least) 2 of 3 from league leader Creighton and Drake, it's all over but the shouting for the Shocks.

Here is a partial list of important games that, shall we say, didn't go our way.
    Doc, thanks for the updates... unfortunately our...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

WSU started off Valley play by dropping 2 of 3 to Indiana State.

The first game featured an extra inning defeat where the Shocks lost 5-4 giving up a run in the 9th.

The more painful (if that's possible) occured the next day when, after building a 6-1 lead, gave up 5 in the 6th and 3 more in the 7th to lose 10-7.

The next series against Bradley probably killed this team. After taking the first game 2-0, WSU led 4-2 in the last of the 7th. With 1 on and 2 outs, Bradley managed to score 3 runs and win 5-4.

WSU again led 4-2 in the 3rd game of the series when they gave up 1 in the 6th to make it 4-3, 1 more in the 7th to tie it and 1 last one in the 8th for a 5-4 loss. The tying run in the 7th was especially painful as, after a double play left NOBODY on and 2 out, we intentionally walked the tying run who came around to score. In the 8th we were beat on a walk, sac bunt, sac fly and 1 base throwing error. Perfect.

Just split these 4 games (and they SHOULD have been SWEPT) and we'd be 9-9 and in the thick of the race.

Comment

Re: Softball Looking Back

Originally posted by WstateU
        Doc, thanks for the updates... unfortunately our...

I know, I know....like I said...working but filling time gaps today.

We lost a game to weather against cellar dweller Evansville...then came ranked SIU.

Two 2-1 losses and one game lost to weather which probably helped us.

Losing a 1 run game is tough enough but Kasha pitched a 1 hitter. Unfortunately that one hit was a 2 run home run.

The next series against UNI offered more of the same. After losing the first game 7-0 (giving up 5 in the first inning) the Shocks led 5-0 going to the bottom of the 6th against the Panthers. They left Kasha to fend for herself here and after a 3 run 6th which made it 5-3, I THINK the Panthers hit a walkoff grand slam with 2 outs to win it. Heartbreaking.

Comment

Working...
        X