Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Women Win Intercollegiate Bowling Championship

Shocker Bowlers Claim "Double" Title

Both WSU teams captured first place finishes at the Intercollegiate Bowling Championships, giving the Shockers a grander total of 18.
    The WSU women took a much easier path to their second championship in three years, going unbeaten through match play and sweeping the final match over Lindenwood, 218-180 and 197-156.

:clap:
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

i've always wondered how we would do against teams schools that actually have this as a scholarship sport.....i really think we could hold our own

Comment

Huh?

Originally posted by shocksrox
        i've always wondered how we would do against teams schools that actually have this as a scholarship sport.....i really think we could hold our own
        Bowling absolutely is a scholarship sport at WSU, rox. It just isn't an NCAA sport. In fact, there is no NCAA men's bowling; it exists only for women, and with the women the non-NCAA version played by WSU and most others is actually stronger than the NCAA sanctioned sport, because the NCAA's amateurism restrictions are tougher than those of the US Bowling Congress, which runs the championship the Shocks just won.

Bottom line is that WSU competes in bowling at the highest level as it is, and their program for both men and women is the gold standard against which all others are judged.

Comment

Working...
        X